Learning Brioche

Beautiful! I actually think in the round, and 2 color, is the easiest way to learn brioche. No figuring out if you should slide or turn, like in flat brioche. And 2 color means that the stitch and its yarn over are different colors, which makes things a little easier to read.

2 Likes

All signed up - looking forward to meeting you!

1 Like

One thing I found missing in early online brioche classes is HOW to FIX IT. It is a fact that you will make mistakes no matter how good you get at it so learn early— like when your swatching—how to fix it. Try this link, (and there are others) that teaches how to ladder down one row to fix one mistake instead of having to rip out hours of work.

Good luck and welcome to the world of brioche!

6 Likes

Good, hope that helps. I found watching Stephen West slowly and going over it several times really helped me see what he was doing.

1 Like

Thanks, that is really helpful. Didn’t think of looking for something like this when I kept having to tear back my brioche. Will be really helpful for the hat I’m about to start.

1 Like

Definitely! I played around with 2-color knitting flat and just about went nuts. Getting the basics down while knitting in the round helped a lot!

1 Like

If you want to learn the two colors brioche, I have a pattern where I made a complete photo tutorial with almost every move of needles, more than 75 pictures, step by step, row by row are on this pattern - Bridget Scarf - and if you need extra help all you have to do is contact me

bridget%20scarf%204
bridget%20scarf%20collage%20a

2 Likes

Thank you for the pattern.

You’re so welcome!

Bluprint is free for a month. It doesn’t even ask for your credit card. You should check it out.

I would love to learn Brioche. A lot of great ideas here on various outlets of learning - thanks!
My goal is to make a fisherman knit sweater . Have only seen it in brioche.

FYI you don’t necessarily need brioche for a Fisherman sweater! Look for instructions on “fisherman’s rib” stitch (a/k/a “knit 1 below”), it’s a snap.

I know it’s been a while since this topic was started, but I went looking for some Brioche help and intended to check out a book I’d used before from our local Nashville Library. Turns out that Nancy Marchant’s class on Crafty is available to us for free through the library! I LOVE IT!!

3 Likes

You can do it, Carolyn!!

1 Like

Hello my dear friend!
stickknits at gmail

2 Likes

Learning brioche took me several attempts, and some stopping and starting. I also took a Vogue Knitting live (at home) class as well as have the Craftsy classes on brioche. After 3 or 4 failed attempts, I now finally have it (I think….). I’m a visual learner and really needed to see several people teach it to me. I also started with single color brioche in the round before moving on to two color.

3 Likes