MDK March Mayhem Knitalong!

I bought the pattern too, was hooked on the colours and pattern. How did you figure out how much yarn to buy? It’s not indicated on the pattern… just a rather large range of yardage but nothing to indicate how much yarn even per size range. Thanks:)

1 Like

I’m in too! I’ve had some Tosh Vintage in the most juicy red burning a hole in my stash for quite some time. I’ve been looking for a project for it so I’ve chosen Smriti.

This is a gray time of the year in more ways than one. Looking forward to watching her grow from my needles.

1 Like

Hi Lulu. I bought two skeins of Hektos, Alpin and Biscotti, from the MDK shop. I’m confident it’s more than enough to make a pair of socks. Wanted to support mdk with a purchase because I get so much enjoyment out of this event each year.

4 Likes

Thanks Ann… yes, MDK does bring al lot of enjoyment to me as well… I will stay tuned re your progress. Thanks for the info about yardage for the socks. Much appreciated:)

3 Likes

I’m in
Getting ready to cast on Humulus.

4 Likes

I am going to try Ichitochi soon, with different stash yarns! Thank you again, Ann and Kay, for keeping us all sane and focused!!! Much love, entire Mother Earth!

3 Likes

I like the well named Mayhem. This year I bought the brioche hat pattern right away. Am also going to buy the Ursa sweater pattern. More pressure to knit a waiting project but who cares at this point. I’m in Maine; we wear sweaters! But all my potential gifted live in Florida or California.
Here, they’re saying it will be July before this threat tapers off.

3 Likes

I have been brioche-resistant for years now but that hat is on my list!

2 Likes

Re: Crime & Mystey - I just started watching the series adaption of Robert Galbraith’s (aka J.K. Rowling’s) Cormoran Strike crime books; it’s called C. B. Strike - so well cast and really fun to knit to :wink:

2 Likes

Bought this pattern immediately!

2 Likes

Does my Fort Tyron count even if I started before March?

1 Like

Finally casting on Whakairo top today. Literally gasped when I first set eyes on this beauty. Delay in casting on because I needed to order yarn, nothing stashed was up to the challenge… such a sad state if affairs :wink:. Chose a beautiful silk and linen blend.

2 Likes

I did not listen to the audio book, but I recently finished The Silent Patient by Alex Michaeledes and I could not put it down.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

I am lurking here for now, but I just got a wonderful assortment of UK yarns from my FibreShare 2020 partner, and I’m starting with socks. I love the tiny cable of the Heartnut socks but I think it will get lost in the variegated twist yarn I’m using, so maybe the next pair. Love this idea!

2 Likes

I bought the Woodland Loafers pattern and a skein of Winterburn Aran blue from the MDK shop. I finished my first pair of what I’m calling Quarantine loafers and now I’m working on a pair for my husband with a skein of tweed from a trip last fall to Ireland.

11 Likes

Finished my first Sisters United sock. It turned out to be one big swatch. I changed needle size halfway down the leg, learned German short rows on the heel, and decreased stitches to come down a size on the foot. I kept going all the way, to see how many of the pattern motifs I could fit on the foot. Now I’ll frog it and cast on with confidence (and the right needle size).

2 Likes

Finished my Fort Tryon wrap last night. One benefit of staying home for work is that I do get a lot more weekday knitting time.

It is drying at the moment but I am VERY happy with it.

7 Likes

That’s glorious, Stephanie! And perfect for wrapping oneself up. Xoxo xoxo

1 Like

Thank you Ann, it got done a whole lot quicker than I anticipated with all of the nuttiness. I cannot wait to wear it when it dries. I was glad to find a way to use the Shakerag sock set all together (with some leftovers from my very first MDK yarn from the Squad Mitts).

Hoping that we will see you all in June (or at least on Zoom in a little while).