Shetland Wool Fest 2017

Hello - I have booked accommodations in Lerwick from Sept 22-29. If anyone has attended before, can you please provide me with some practical info.? I have no ideas if classes are offered all over, or just in Lerwick. What about transportation to and from specific areas? Is this similar to a Stiches event, where we bring swatches and learn new techniques? I’m great with a manual shift, but don’t trust myself to drive on the opposite side of the road. I knit, weave, and have had a couple of spinning classes. I think this is an all-encompassing Fest, but no programs are listed as yet. Thanks, y’all.

I can’t give you specific advice, as I have only visited Lerwick in my Dreamlife. But do you subscribe to the Shetland Woolfest newsletter? I do, because I like to be well-prepared in my Dreamlife. They just announced this year’s patron (it’s Gudrun Johnston!) and released the free hat pattern. Here’s the link:
http://www.shetlandwoolweek.com/free-knitting-pattern/
It’s always fun to see the pictures people post, wearing their hat to the event. Hope to see yours! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important; padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } Thank you! Yes, have signed up and am already excited. I love learning all I can about the amazing craft of knitting, and these folks are experts from way back!