T-Pin storage solutions?

I use T-pins for my blocking. The problem I have is that I have a LOT of T-Pins…it’s unseemly, really. But the T-pins always come in those flimsy little plastic containers that look like they’ll simply fall apart if I look at them wrong. I’ve been using an old prescription medication bottle to keep them in, which sort of works, but has its own limitations. Just wondering if anyone has found any brilliant solutions for their pin storage needs.

2 Likes

I keep mine in a pint-size Ball jar.
Not brilliant, but handy.

2 Likes

Ditto on the Ball jar. And I keep a loaded tomato full of them as well.

2 Likes

I use a metal tin. I like that the pins lay flat inside - easy to retrieve and doesn’t require too much finagling to pack up. Re-purpose an Altoid tin or get one of the many notion tins marketed to knitters. I bet the metal storage box in the MDK shop would hold a hoard of t-pins.

5 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about the MDK tin, I’m thinking of lining one with bubble wrap and dumping a ton of stitch markers in because the latch on one of my cases just broke!

I keep mine in an old and cute candy tin.

2 Likes

I put a super magnet inside the lid of my tins so that you can set a tapestry needle or the markers on top

3 Likes

Great idea! Thanks!!!

1 Like

Bonne Maman jam jar for me. Other jars hold buttons, pins, any small things that require organization. Love the magnet in the lid idea, @nellknits and think I should add that to my jars :slight_smile:

3 Likes

brilliant!

1 Like

I have a little magnetic dish that is deisgned for screws etc.

3 Likes