The Great Isabell Knitalong

That’s what I’m saying. Swatch to be sure that the fabric isn’t too open or flimsy.

The bust should be 39” (234/6). If you really need the 3/4” add 2 st to each underarm cast on.

4 Likes

Gorgeous color!

Love this combo!

1 Like

Hahah…cold sheep… I remember making that N.Y. resolution too…it went out the door months ago! :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s so hard, right?!? And it’s only April, heaven help me. My itchy little fingers have definitely been window shopping (online), don’t get me wrong, but somehow I’ve been able to stop myself before hitting the “add to cart” button. My bargain with myself is that knitting patterns are fair game, just no more yarn. Wish me luck!

10 Likes

Oh why is knitting gauge swatches so boring?

4 Likes

I just finished my IK wrap, A Girl’s Best Friend, tonight! I could easily cast any pattern of hers next - I love all of them.

13 Likes

I have this crazy idea. I want to knit Bottom Line in a speckled fade. I know there’s pretty detail that might get lost - but maybe not! I fell in love with the Malabrigo Mechita Quinteto and bought all five colorways, sure I would make a faded sweater out of it. Originally I thought I would make something oversized, but maybe I’ve changed my mind.

So - what do y’all think? Is this insane? Are the colors too crazy? I’ve attached a picture of four of the colors - there’s one more, slightly darker colorway.

12 Likes

If you can fade something, I say go for it!!

5 Likes

There are no care directions on Moroni Light. Did you wet or steam block your swatch?

2 Likes

I wet blocked it.

2 Likes

Agreed!! Fading keeps miles of stockinette interesting. I feel the same way about hand-dyed colorways—my Bottom Line will be in “Zombie Prom” from Miss Babs—watching the color blips develop is so fun.

6 Likes

Awesome idea! I can’t wait to see it…

2 Likes

I was really hoping you would weigh in, Nell – I trust your knitterly instincts! Thanks!

2 Likes

I love it. Those yarns in the photo are GORGEOUS! I think it will be really really beautiful and I can’t wait to see it.

3 Likes

Oooh, I hope it works. It’s a good idea.

2 Likes

Swatch done!

17 Likes

Love it. I was debating a gradient but was afraid of screwing up the sleeves. I’ll look forward to watching you and learning

Is there an easy way to pass that stitch over the other 4? :thinking:

2 Likes

Beautiful!!