Turnstile Wrap Knitalong

Join us as we enter the inventive world of Olga Buraya-Kefelian. She’s amazing!

The project: Turnstile Wrap by Olga Buraya-Kefelian, from Field Guide No. 24: Spark.

The yarn: Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio DK. Olga chose this yarn for its drape, and also because Karida Collins’s subtle-shifting, saturated color is perfect for a wrap like this.

We were thrilled at this choice, mostly because it meant we got to pick a brand-new palette of colors that suit this project. Be sure to have a look and pick your favorite. (Of course, feel free to use your own yarn for this—our knitalongs welcome everybody no matter what yarn you’re using.)

Dates: Kickoff on Monday, June 19. Finish date is Friday, August 18—technically. We’ll be awarding prizes at that point. As ever, we’re not sticklers for a finish date; just enjoy the ride however long you’re on it.

Prizes: Three random winners will receive bounteous cornucopias of beloved MDK yarns. To be eligible for a prize, post a photo of your Turnstile Wrap, either in progress or finished, on Instagram or in the MDK Lounge, using the hashtags #MDKturnstile and #MyMDK. Winners will be announced on Friday, August 19 and will be contacted via email.

PRIZE TIME: We tip our hats to three intrepid KALers who will each receive their very own yarn kit for the Penrose Tote and Spark Cuff: Sarah Zelhart, Anita_Bolen and beckieduff! Congratulations to you! Please email cristina@moderndailyknitting.com with your mailing addresses. Thanks to all who are making the Turnstile Wrap!

7 Likes

This is probably my favorite from the book. May not be ready to start by then but I’ll try to cast on before the end!

1 Like

I just cast on, feeling like a line-jumper but OH WELL! ; )

6 Likes

I am at a point where I need something smaller, so I’m casting on Fortune Teller Cuff today. Seems much more doable right now. I hope the Field Guide is right that you can try out the pattern with just sock yarn, cause that’s all I have in the stash rn.

4 Likes

I know I won’t be starting this until some time in July, but I am excited about this KAL and am very much interested in seeing everyone’s progress. I hope I have something to post before the end. Good luck everyone, and happy knitting.

5 Likes

I am so excited to cast this on!

2 Likes

Just got my yarn and it is GORGEOUS! (Got the Charles Village, that beautiful, deep pink). All my supplies are ready… maybe I too will cast on…

4 Likes

Good for you for getting the beautiful pink! I hope we get to see it on you, in time.

I am having such a hard time deciding which color. It is such a stupid impediment to getting in the game.

2 Likes

Nancy–I did too. I really wanted the orange, but there weren’t enough skeins left. Debated between the pink and that deep burgundy, and even after I ordered it, I was thinking I should have chosen the other. BUT, I will tell you the pink is really lovely–not too bright, just a gorgeous deep raspberry. Feels like I chose well… I’d recommend!

2 Likes

Having color conundrum here, too! But hoping to make a decision today…

1 Like

Hi! Is there a formal place to sign up? Or joining the party here enough? I’m in!

2 Likes

There’s nothing formal about MDK KALs! Just jump in, ask questions/make comments/post pics, in this conversation and/or using the hashtag suggested from @Ann1 up top. And have FUN!

4 Likes

Consider yourself signed up! :smiling_face: I managed to leave my Turnstile makings at home, won’t be back til Friday—driving me nuts not to be working on it today! Nothing like the start of a knitalong to get me going …

4 Likes

I have my yarn. Just finished my Shakerag top which is being blocked. I am casting on today!

4 Likes

I love this wrap! Want to join in but have 3 WIPs already! Already have yarn in Bolton Hill. Too bold? Nope. Will begin and see how far I get. Have never made something just for me :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I love wraps and shawls. Can’t wait to cast on. Just joined this forum. My first lesson in knitting was when i was 6. I will be 64 this Dec.

4 Likes

I’m ready to cast on. @nellknits helped me pick out some Tov DK when I was in Nashville. My cats are excited to help. Hopefully I can cast on tonight.

6 Likes

Great color!

1 Like

I’m getting ready to cast on!

3 Likes

I adore your yarn choice @Karengrace729
:wink:

2 Likes