Turnstile Wrap Knitalong

First two rows! Using the Studio DK Waverly. It’s a beautiful color - reminds me of my glass of Cab!

8 Likes

I learned a new skill with the crochet cast on and will definitely be using it on future projects. I can never estimate the right amount of yarn for long tail CO so really like the crochet CO. I’m 20 rows into the project and am enjoying the relaxing rhythm of the stitch pattern. I learned the Norwegian pearl with the Arne & Carlos KAL and that really helps with the rhythm.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Rosemont, a stunning jade green. The color is more intense and variegated than the photo.

4 Likes

Love the color! (And cat faces are always the best!)

3 Likes

OK, so I too couldn’t wait to cast on, and I am about 16 rows in–the pattern finally revealed itself (thank goodness–looked a bit like a dog’s breakfast for the first 10 rows or so) and it is looking great! I’ve been knitting with very fine yarns on size 1 needles of late, so this chunkier yarn and larger needles make me feel like I am FLYing! (OK, though seriously no way I will finish this by August…is that for reals?)

4 Likes

p.s. I also LOVED the crochet CO–took me a bit to get the hang of how to hold the needles, but my edge is so beautiful!

1 Like

I chose the Washington Circle colorway and I love it!

7 Likes

I found all of you in my Spam folder earlier today. I’d love to join in on this KAL but would have to drop a whole lot of other ‘previous’ commitments in knitting.

Susan K Schutz

3 Likes

The Norwegian purl comes in very handy on this project!

4 Likes

First time MDK KAL for me, and already taking liberties — CO a few days before the start date, using stash yarn that’s kinda close enough on gauge. I’m excited for the possibilities of this wrap/shawl/vest/what-have-you!

5 Likes

That’s what happens when you get advice from a professional!

3 Likes

Earl is helping me model the first 8 rows of my turnstile wrap. It perfectly matches our new sofas. :smiley:

9 Likes

Did anybody do a swatch or did you start right in? I am using the suggested yarn.

1 Like

I did a swatch since I was using yarn from my stash, Ella Rae DK Superwash merino. I usually knit tight so was pleasantly surprised that my gauge was right on.

1 Like

I’ve only done 8 rows so far. First look at the pattern I was afraid it would be hard to remember and keep track. But each row is surprisingly easy to get the rhythm of quickly.

1 Like

I am also knitting the Waverly. Love the color. I swatched in pattern on size 6 needles but for the life of me can’t figure out how to count the rows and stitches. It is roughly 4 by 4 so I am going to call it good enough unless any of you tell me otherwise.

New question: I know it is recommended that we alternate balls of yarn when using the Neighborhood yarn, which I am. I find the technique fussy and don’t like how it impacts the edges. I am thinking of doing this for ten rows when I have to change balls of yarn. Thoughts?

1 Like

This pattern is intriguing! I’m using some handspun that I think (hope) will make an interesting variation–2 different yarns that I had on hand --not enough of either to do the whole thing. I’m excited to see it come together!

3 Likes

It’s a gorgeous pattern and I think it would be lovely as a stole or wrap.

3 Likes

I am just getting started. Can I do regular cast-on? I need to learn crochet cast-on…AND I am confused already doing my swatch. The pattern is not working for me with the 22 swatch cast on. Can I just do a regular swatch with garter or stockinette? Thank you! Will post picture of my lovely green yarn I got yesterday…

1 Like