The Daytripper Cardigan

Hello all,

I am wanting to knit the daytripper cardigan in a large. Would the yarn bundles be enough for the entire sweater or would I have to purchase addtions skeins for the large size? Thank you all. Rhonda.

Hi! We don’t have any sweater bundles specifically, we do suggest color combos in Kays post here: Introducing: The Daytripper Cardigan - Modern Daily Knitting Based on knitting a large, you’d want to order 7 balls of your Main Color, 2 of Color A, and 1 of each of the remaining 5 colors.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Is it best to order a bunch of colors and then order more with the colors you want for the main color and color A?

1 Like

Hi! I assume there will be a Lopi KAL…if we start today because we can’t help ourselves
;-)))))) will we be able to count that in a KAL? Just curious. Thank you!!

3 Likes

I know on the intro video for the new Field guide they mentioned one, but I was just searching to find the start date!

1 Like

The knit-a-long starts on March 22. But our fearless leaders always play things pretty fast and loose. Start whenever you want and join in when it starts.

4 Likes

Whoops- I missed this! Of course it’ll count :wink:

2 Likes

Oh terrific!! Thank you!! & no worries ever!! (I know I’m not your only lounge participant :wink:)

Oh thank you! I like to put it on my calendar. I bought the yarn pack for the destination scarf, and pulled out my Solbien Cardigan project to see where I am with that. I also bought some yarn for the Stopover pullover but am going to concentrate on projects from this field guide for the KAL. I do wish I could find 9" or 12" circular needles in the size needed for the destination scarf, but I guess i’m going to have to do magic loop :slightly_frowning_face:

I feel your pain with Magic Loop. I like using two circulars instead. Maybe two 16” needles for a scarf!

3 Likes

I’m going to give that a try and I’m also going to order the larger Flexi flips in that size. I’ve just never been a fan of the magic loop, It’s too fiddly for me :slight_smile:

Will be interested in how you like the Flexi Flips. I’ve never tried them but I’m not a DPN girl either and I bet the Flexis would be less fiddly.

HEllo, I love the colours in Daytripper 2 Combo BUT is the second colour actually grape? It really doesn’t look like it to me and I would love to order the wool soon. Thank youQ

1 Like

I’m flummoxed re colors for day tripper. I saw a duck family on our pond and wanted to used that as color scheme.
moor, bottle green, straw, Lyme green, apricot, mimosa, air blue
whaddaya think?
possible subs: lagoon, and acorn or light beige which are other Istex colors
I think I want a dark background (moor) but then what do I do with borders?
I am sOOOoo indecisive!!

3 Likes

Definitely try coloring it in! This helped me so much - Daytripper Cardigan: Color It In! - Modern Daily Knitting

1 Like

First time in the Lounge. How do I sign up for the Lopi knitalong. How does it work? If it starts, Monday, March 22, what can I expect from MDK?

1 Like

Those coloring sketches are great. I decided on Oatmeal for background and Bottle Green, Lyme Green, Air blue, Apricot, Mimosa and Straw. I also got a Moor and Lagoon to experiment with. Can’t believe I made a decision About the inspiration: see the photo. The apricot is to represent his little legs and feet! Hope I loaded it correctly.
!791DBFC1-EB7A-4E12-8960-B15CBB512D4F_1_201_a.jpeg

8 Likes

Allison is a good person to ask about this. In the past I’ve found a wonderful community to ask questions about issues I might have with my project, show the fabulous items that get made and the progress being made. It’s really just a fun time, sharing with others who love to knit & are working on the same or similar projects.

3 Likes

Does any one have a good substitute idea for Lopi? Id like to do a fair isle but just can’t get use to the scratchy wool. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi! I’m new to the Lounge, and this will be my first MDK knitalong. I know there’s a start date of March 22, but is there an end date? I’m not the fastest knitter. :pensive: I was originally going to do the Destination Pullover as it seemed relatively simple, and I have the colors all picked out. However, I feel that now is as good a time as any to try steeking, so I’m going to dive in and do the Daytripper Cardigan. :crossed_fingers:t2: Now if I could just settle on my colors and not lose sleep over it!

3 Likes