It's Léttlopi KAL 2023!

Quick, light-but-warming new pullover or cardigan, anyone?

MDK Cristina getting this party started with the Léttlopi I took on board for the Bang Out a Sweater that is not to be (this year).

I’m whipping up Amy Christoffers’ Felix Cardigan.

Through January 18, we’ll include a free ebook download of Field Guide No. 17: Lopi starring Mary Jane Mucklestone’s Daytripper Cardigan and Destination Pullover. Details here.

Join me! Start today. Start when your yarn arrives. Share pics and pattern ideas. Let’s LOPI!

5 Likes

Solbein is also beautiful. It is by M.J. Mucklestone. I am stash diving to see if I can make it.

1 Like

Yes! That one has been on my list too. Can’t wait to see your stash palette!

1 Like

I made a Solbein sweater with Lettlopi a few years ago and I love how it came out. But maybe I’m one of the sensitive ones but its SO itchy, I have to be sure to wear a turtleneck under it, or more, then its ok. But I resist knitting with any Lopi yarn again for that reason. For my Daytripper I used a Valley Yarns Alpaca that worked well as a substitute.
This is the Solbein:

And this is my Daytripper:

12 Likes

I want a Felix Cardigan! I love that thing! Hope there’s some Lettlopi left after the MDK Gems is done . . . #WillKnitAnyColor

6 Likes

I went through my stash of Lopi and I think I have enough for the Felix Cardigan. It will be multi-colored, but I’m excited to cast it on. I have a Felix pullover and I love it. Super fast knit!!!

3 Likes

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing this take shape.

2 Likes

Making loads of nighttime progress! To crop or not to crop?

Also—some FG23 test knitting (in a palette of the darker Norwegian Wool colors) happening.

4 Likes

Oh, great! I am going to knit a Destination pullover, my fourth MJM Lopi sweater. Lemme go find that yarn I stashed at the end of February …

3 Likes

Going to try Destination Pullover. Did the cardi last year. Big fan of MJ Mucklestone!

2 Likes

I’ve decided to make the Daytripper Cardigan and I think I have the right colors of Lettlopi in my stash! I love the way Lettlopi works up and just decided this morning that I needed to make a cardigan using it as I’ll be traveling in March and can take it with me. Can’t wait to get started!

2 Likes

I ordered Lettlopi to make the Great Love cardigan by Ankestrick before the holidays, so this KAL is just in time to encourage me to actually start on it! Thanks, MDK!!!

1 Like

I knit with Lettlopi often and this is one of my favorite sweaters that I have made and wear often hiking. The sweater pattern is Westfjords designed by Mona Zillah, (bunnymuff) & there is a matching hat for a small project.

11 Likes

beautiful sweater and photo!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am sorting though my Lettlopi now to find some colors for the KAL. I just ordered Brick for a sweater but I think I am going to go with a smaller project for the KAL.

3 Likes

I might have read some of the directions wrong. Are only sweaters and cardigans allowed for the KAL?

2 Likes

That’s a beauty!

2 Likes

Anything Lettlopi your heart desires!

4 Likes

So glad you’re joining us! Looking forward to seeing your project take shape!

1 Like

I cropped!

11 Likes