It's Léttlopi KAL 2023!

Thank you!! :heart:

2 Likes

Very good! I may have a possible combo in mind, sweater and a coordinating hat but plan to use the hat as a color swatch. I just can not seem to land on colors yet…so by the time I do the KAL may be over (LOL).

3 Likes

I’ve had the Solbein in my queue and in my stash for ages…This is the winter I’m knitting this cardigan. I’m using the pattern colorways of oatmea, beige and white. I loved how those worked together to truly look like rays of light on a cold winter day. This will be my first steeking and first colorwork yoke. So glad we get to start today, any day.

6 Likes

Wonderful wintry shades!
We’ve got a needle-felted steek tutorial here: https://www.moderndailyknitting.com/2020/01/03/how-to-make-a-needle-felted-steek/

1 Like

Such soothing color choices. They are beautiful together. I made this cardigan several years ago and it was also my first steek too and first time working with Lettlopi! Congratulations of starting your first steek! The hardest part is just thinking about steeking! I think you are in for a very pleasant surprise, especially working with Lettlopi for your first steek!

2 Likes

I can’t wait, actually, and have to tell myself to be patient :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip, I can see that the lopi would be easy to felt, and I think this would be a nice clean finished edge.

1 Like

I made mine cropped, and it’s one of my most worn sweaters.

1 Like

So is it ok for me to do mittens with Letlopi? I need a new pair. I have the guide!

2 Likes

Absolutely!

How’s it going Felix Cardi knitters? Patty Lyons on “Button Band Gladness” helped me turn sharp corners this morning.

4 Likes

I have a start on my hat. I decided on 1705 Royal fuchsia, 0005 Black Heather & 0054 Light Ash Heather.

10 Likes

Striking trio of colors! :white_heart: :sparkling_heart: :black_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I went with high contrast so I hope it works out well. I think it will work up pretty quickly so I should know pretty soon,

1 Like

Hi Mary! Great to see you here ! This is Gina we did several of kals in Patty Lyons ravelry group. Love your sweater. I ordered some Lettlopi to try a hat or mittens.

2 Likes

Hello Gina! We sure did have a lot of fun in Patty’s Kals! It is so nice to meet up with you here. I think of you often. I am a big fan of Lettlopi as I hike a lot in the cold winters here but have recently also discovered another Lopi yarn I love and that is Plotulopi. It is a tad lighter to wear. If I remember right, you live in a very warm climate so you may want to try it out too. I hope you get to cast on here in this group so we can knit together again!

3 Likes

I’ve just bought the lettlopi yarn for Maailman Synty by Jenna K. Ravelry: Maailman synty sweater pattern by Jenna K.

Body of the sweater is Lettlopi apricot, pattern in deep violet. This KAL has inspired me to start this now, rather than next fall.

3 Likes

That will be stunning! Looking forward to seeing it take shape!

2 Likes

Uggh! Waiting for my crimson red lopi to ship so I can start a Felix Cardigan! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am thinking if I like it, I might make a cardigan to wear as my winter coat. It’s seldom that we need much more. Although this year at Christmas we had quite a few really cold days (for us anyway) in the teens. I am really glad we did not get the blizzards that most everyone had. I have a sister in Texas and she says possibly snow there next week! Yesterday I picked daffodils that are blooming already , now today colder and rainy. A good day to stay inside and knit.

4 Likes