It's Léttlopi KAL 2023!

I knitted this last winter but by the time I finished it was too warm to wear so I stashed it away before weaving in the ends and sewing the pockets. Now it’s done in 2023 and I’m so proud…my first sweater and first attempt at stranded knitting, not to mention POCKETS! Thank goodness Lettlopi is so forgiving❤️

21 Likes

I’m thinking a Felix pullover- made the cardigan last year. I also need to check stash and will be using up several colours- hope I have enough, as it’s not always easy to find Lettlopi in UK!

4 Likes

Crimson! Perfect.

1 Like

My Tu nian Chinese New Year beanie is ready to wear. The beanie designed by bunnymuff has served as a nice new warm hat in addition to a gauge swatch for the sweater I am casting on today. I was not too sure about the colors but they are going to work well for the sweater I hope.

13 Likes

I absolutely love this sweater!! Nice colors and it went on my list!

2 Likes

That is stupendous. Happy Lunar New Year, everyone!

2 Likes

I’m in! My Violet Lettlopi is coming tomorrow and I’ve got my Felix pattern at the ready. I’m not going to start until February 1 because I’ve got a lot going on right now and I really want something to look forward to.

4 Likes

Happy Year of the Rabbit!!! and thank you very much!

1 Like

Way to self-regulate, Karen! :pinched_fingers:

I got my cardigan casted on last night. It has four steeks and I am using a 5 stitch steek. I usually use 7 stitches and I am really wondering if I should rip and go with 7 instead of 5. I would love to hear what anyone else has used for steeking with Lettlopi in regards to the number of stitches used for the steeks.

5 Likes

Don’t rip, just drop the center 2 stitches of the steek!
IMO, 5 is enough.

1 Like

I think you’ll find 5 stitches are plenty. When I test-knit mine I mistakenly made only 3 and that was enough since Lopi is so grippy.

2 Likes

Your colors are beautiful together.

1 Like

Thank you! Thanks for the tip of dropping the center two stitches!

2 Likes

Thank you. It is very grippy!

1 Like

Thank you! I keep wavering with these colors. I finished the bottom band with them last night and was going to go with the fuchsia and white for the top but now I think I am going to go with black and white. I wish I could make up my mind!! (lol)

2 Likes

I’ve had the Stopover cardigan in my cue and a supply of Lettlopi to make it for about three years now–this has inspired me to get started! I’m about 11 inches into the body and decided to start the sleeves. I’m attempting two at a time magic loop for the first time and it’s going well!!

8 Likes

So glad to be part of your taking this beauty out of marinating!

1 Like

I’m making the Calicanto sweater with Lettilopi yarn. This is a pic of it drying after I gave it a bath when the color work was done so I could see how much the stitches relaxed and try it on before moving forward. The whole rest of the sweater body will be the light gray. Great fit. Nice pattern.

9 Likes

That is one helpful :bear:.