Upsetting wrinkles in my Hadley

Hello all. The Hadley was my first sweater and I’m so happy with it. But I have some wrinkles around the neck/shoulder area. Any advice most welcome so I can rip back. Also,

I’m about to start a second and would like to avoid. Thank you.

1 Like

This is just a guess, and I’m no expert, but maybe fewer short rows (or shorter ones) Maybe you have too much lift in the back?

3 Likes

I’m wondering if the neck might be too deep? Can you fold it down an inch to see if that helps?

ETA: It is beautiful, your color work is perfect. : )

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your reply. I’ll try that.

1 Like

Aw. Thank you. In a fit of pique, I’ve already ripped back so I can’t fold over to see if it’s the neck but I’ll maybe not knit so deep a kne next time and see how that works.

2 Likes

Good luck. I’ll be interested to hear how it goes.

2 Likes

I can’t tell from the picture how the sweater fits you overall, but it looks to me like either there is too much length in the plain area of the neck, which altering the short rows may fix, or it’s riding up because it’s not sitting properly on your shoulders. If the issue is the latter, you could try doing fewer decreases in the last rows of the colorwork and add them back closer to the neck. Hope that makes sense.

4 Likes

I just want to say it is gorgeous. I don’t know what to suggest, unless shortening the distance between the pattern and the turtle neck might help, but I love the sweater. Nice work!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, it does feel like there’s generally a bit too much fabric about in that region! I’m playing around with the short rows and will keep you posted.

Thank you! It’s been a pleasure to knit!

Hi All. So. Here we are - I took 4 rows out from the yoke, after the colour work, went straight into short rows omitting the 2 rows of knit, did an extra set of short rows, then decreased 6 stitches around the neck before going into the rib. I’m so so happy I did this rather than Just Managing. I’ve been inspired by all the Hadleys I’ve seen on this wonderful site and am so grateful for your advice. And for h5e notes on sybilicious’ ravelry page. Thank you.

5 Likes

Great fix!!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Great job.

1 Like

Thank you! First time I’ve adapted a pattern to fit properly. So glad I did. Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Like