We Welcome Your Feedback About The Lounge

I think I am in the same boat as @janalukas
I have edited my username once (to get it to my actual name, and not my email address prefix), and now the pencil is gone. While I have no need to re-edit my username, I am thankful that I managed to spell my name right on the first try.

1 Like

I do not have an edit button next to my user name, but I was able to upload a picture of myself!!! Love that! Thanks!

1 Like

Yes to a Lounge thread about podcasts! LOVED the “Making Oprah” series, and hoping for more behind-the-scenes stories like the one on the great car giveaway. You get a car! YOU get a car!

The edit button apparently melts away after a few days! O technology you are annoying. We’re working on this. But at least we can see you now! Great to see you.

2 Likes

No pencil for me. Can I change username if I make up a new email?

I wrote above (#33/45) re: the use of part of my email address without my permission. After many days of back and firth with MDK, it was supposed to have been changed for me to the name I have always chosen to use in my many years of writing comments after what is now called the “daily” letter. I have, I think, only written once in The Lounge since then until just a few minutes ago when I was horrified to see that whatever mechanism you guys are using has defaulted back to part of my email address. I do not understand why my privacy wishes are being ignored by your system, and do not wish to hear anything about “the pencil” icon, or whatever it is called. Please just fix this once and for all. Thanks in advance.

Hi! I am new to the lounge and a beginner knitter. I love to make hats cowls and scarfs.

Hi Diane - Thanks for the feedback and we’re sorry for the inconvenience! Not sure how that happened, but we will be contacting you directly to ensure we get it straightened out for you! Thanks for being a part of the conversation.

Liz, ECommerce Manager

Apologies in advance if I am resurrecting a dead topic - I do not have the pencil edit button, and I’d love to see if I can change my username. Has this issue been addressed as of yet?
I have the edit pencil for my email and my profile picture but not my username. I’d love to see if I could be just katie!

Ok, you’ve made me feel better because I couldn’t find it, but now I’ll look again. Thanks!

My username doesn’t have The edit pencil, although it was there for two other items.

I’m new to the forum, but I’m looking forward to joining in on the fun I can tell y’all have here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Yarnshopgirl! Just found your note–so glad you’re here! Bring your
knitting and let us know what you’re up to.

Ann

Thanks! I’ll be sure and do that! :slight_smile:

I have a question – Is there any way to get to the end of a thread that has a lot of posts? With the longer threads, I can’t even get to the end to find the “reply” button. I tried the “summarise” button but that didn’t seem to help. I am probably missing something obvious!

Yes! Click on the numbers at the bottom (25/54 for example) then look for the jump to prompt on the bottom left. Click on that and put in the last number - 54 in this example.

3 Likes

Honestly, I began buying yarn from MDK because of the Lounge. I learned to knit fairly recently, love it and want to become an experienced knitter who can tackle any project, but I don’t have access to help and advice on specific projects or questions. I hoped the Lounge would provide the guidance needed. I joined by purchasing Field Guide 14, purchasing the Nua yarn and knitted the Twining Wrap because I wanted to learn to knit cables. Currently I am working on the Mood Cardigan from Field Guide 15 using Neighborhood Fibre Co. yarn.

The Lounge has been underwhelming to say the least. I see more questions than answers (from others just like me). Often questions are never answered or, if they are, the response is slow to come and from others who have had the same questions and have muddled their way through somehow on their own. While the Lounge seems like a fantastic idea, it suffers from the lack of a moderator or two who could make sure it is meeting the needs of those who post by making sure questions are answered timely.

3 Likes

I don’t know if I am in the llright space but I would like to leave a comment about what to talk about in your next post what about what to knit this fall?

1 Like