What I've Been Watching

Netflix watchers: Season 2 of Sensitive Skin is available. Dramady, Kim Cattrall, Toronto. So good.

1 Like

Check out the lifespan of this Aran sweater!!!

4 Likes

I am very much looking forward to the return of Sherlock on PBS tonight.

I am also excited to watch my Cubs World Series DVDs this winter. I got them for Christmas, and it will be fun to watch now that I know how it ends. I hope to actually enjoy it this time. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. This is a quiet, poignant little video. I recently retired and my days are so different now. Time is moving very fast. The video really touched me.

http://s.wsj.net/media/swf/WSJMediaPlayer.swf?videoGUID=%7BCFAAE41B%2D80C6%2D4DC5%2D9013%2D38E962117B72%7D&playerid=1010&plyMediaEnabled=1&configURL=http://m.wsj.net/video-players/&autoStart=true

1 Like

My pleasure! It made me feel wistful and happy.

Just had to cross-post this here from the Handspinning Corner:

Hi there! Iā€™m a wannabe spinner (I just signed up for a March beginner spinning class at Loop in Philly). I wanted to share that I just stumbled across this delightful 1978 mini-documentary called ā€œHands,ā€ about sheep trade and spinning in Ireland. There are enough hardy and skilled hands, rosy faces, sheepy goodness, fleeces, and spinning wheels (including great/walking wheels) in this half-hour to keep me smiling for hours. Hope you enjoy!

2 Likes

Has anyone seen The OA? On Netflix, seriously good.

Also, hereā€™s something I thought the groups would enjoy

3 Likes

In the current Supergirl series, Jimmy Olsen is black (and goes by James).

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll check it out. :slight_smile:

I realize Im really late to this party but have been enjoying the old Gilmore Girls episodes on Netflix so much. Getting so much knitting done!

I LOVE Acorn.tv! Working my way through A Place to Call Home, caught all of Miranda before it left, all of Doc Martin. Thereā€™s SO MUCH MOREā€¦ so little timeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m spending a few hours with Sneaky Pete today as I get some samples and swatches knit for upcoming February classes.

I am catching up on This Is Us on demand. I came in late for that game! And tonight is episode 2 of Victoria. Iā€™m ready!

How are you liking Sneaky Pete?

Quite a lot. The cast is great, the twists are surprising and Iā€™ve managed another 2 inches on this project. Have you watched?

eta - yikes. not for the squeamish.

1 Like

Iā€™m binge-watching Game of Thrones. Yesterday, I made it through season one while swatching for a few (ahem) new projects. I took a break from swatching to pull yarn from stash for a couple projects I must cast on immediately. Five more season to go.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been watching ā€œThe Americansā€. Itā€™s an awesome series and I donā€™t know why I waited so long to give it a try! Itā€™s interesting to see how the Cold War is portrayed and little weird to see how many of those events I remember. I knit for comrades while watching! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just finished thatā€¦and then coincidentally, I began to listen to an audiobook narrated by Simon Prebbles, who plays QEIIā€™s father! All That is Solid Melts into Air.

1 Like

I am currently watching the Cubs play the Dodgers in the 6th game of the National League Championship Series. The one where the Cubs win and then go to the World Series.

I got the DVDs for Christmas. I love baseball and knittingā€¦

5 Likes

That sounds fun. I love to watch baseball and knit. Cannot wait for the season to start. The Giants used to have Stitch and Pitch games and I remember a camera shot of a woman winding her yarn using her husbandā€™s outstretched arms. The TV announcers, Krukow and Kuiper, had a good chuckle about that.

5 Likes