Bang out a Daytripper - February 2022

I heard there’s been a run on Lettlopi in the MDK shop! I don’t know when they’ll get restocked but I have two of the out-of-stock colors in my stash if you need a little bump to get you started.

I have two balls each of:

White 0051 Dye Lot 0985
Ash 0054 Lot 0986

DM me if either of these will get you started. I also have a whole ball of Royal Fuchsia 1705 Dye Lot 0982 and can wind some off if you need it.

I just went down to a 9 for the ribbing. Wondering now if I should have tried a 10. Thanks!

I made this design but adapted the pattern to be a pullover and did allow some ease (and I do not wear my clothes baggy as a general rule). I think the beautiful halo fibers from the Lopi might work its way through whatever you are wearing under it if you make it too tight and that would make me quite itchy. I would definitely not size down even if you plan to wear it open but check with others who have made it as well.

1 Like

Based on another sweater I made with Lopi, I’m probably going to be using a 10½ as well. And I will go up 5mm for the color work. Thank goodness I’ve stocked my needle collection with hard to find 10¾ and 10⅞ tips.

1 Like

I love how you swatched! How did you create the pattern for your color work in the swatch?

So I have a gauge adjustment question. I’m a loose knitter. Based on another sweater I made with Lopi, it looks like I will want to use a size 10½ and go up 5mm for the color work. I like the fabric of that sweater, and won’t want to go any looser. My gauge is still a bit off, though, getting 14 stitches and 19 rows (but knit flat, not in the round). Using that gauge and the and the sleeve circumference in the schematic, it looks like if I knit the size 3 (Large), I will end up with the size 2 (Medium)-- which is what I want. I’ve only adjusted one pattern before in this way, and it was with someone else assisting me. Any hints would be welcome!

Thank you!

I started with the chart for the yoke and then just made it up as I went to use all of my accent colors.

I posted my finished sleeve swatches above

8 Likes

So pretty! You’ve got some wrist art!

1 Like

Oooh! And now I’m jealous of your “not quite 11” needle sizes :heart_eyes:

1 Like

ChiaoGoo carries them!

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this sweater for a while, and then, Boom!, it’s the bang out a sweater pick. Obviously, the time is right. I picked out my colors and have be doing a bit of swatching. I may need to make some adjustments as I go, but I’m starting out with 10 for the body and 10.5 for the color work. Here are my picks. The greens will be the small accents in the yoke.

11 Likes

Lovely jewely colors!!

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate your thoughts and experience :heart:

Those colors are beautiful :star_struck:

I feel like I do often at a restaurant when I look across the table and think, maybe I should have picked that instead!

5 Likes

I have to confess. We had a blizzard on Saturday and I just had to start. I was playing around with gauge and decided to just get on with it! Too much temptation! I did stop after finishing the yoke and started a pair of Trinket mittens with yarn I won’t need for the sweater. See you all tomorrow.

3 Likes

I’m in, had the yarn for a while just didn’t use it yet so now is the time. Got a start during the storm Saturday as well. Mow it’s official,

3 Likes

I am in! I had some leftovers from Stopover a few years ago. I thought about trying this a few months ago, but the steek freaked me out. So now I am waiting on my main color to arrive but it should be here soon!

2 Likes

Cast on early this morning. It’s cold and windy here, so a good day to knit. Here’s my highly professional sketch for color choices.

13 Likes

Happy Bangoutasweater Day! Hallmark should make a card. I’ve cast on and the setup row is done. Unfortunately, I have a job that requires me to do some work so that I can pay for my yarn so I’m off to the world of zoom. At least I have an MDK zoom today as my reward.

4 Likes

Ok carried away stuck inside for storm and cold! Good knitting weather and another storm heading in end of week!

27 Likes