Bang Out a Kiki Mariko

My laundry room won’t fit the new front loading machines and my old top loader died. You might be glad to know they are still making top loaders and my new one has a see-through top!!

8 Likes

Love those colors!

Floops has extra large stitch markers. I love them.

1 Like

Same! My 13 was too tight, my 15 is wonky and loose but very close to gauge. I keep thinking “it’s a rug. It’s just a rug.” (á la Yvonne Elliman, if you want a song in your head for a while, I’m the ear worm queen!) Maybe I’ll head back to the 13s and watch a few tutorials on loose floats before starting again.
Or I might just continue!

3 Likes

I bought it from Ravelry I think. It has the blue chart and the heather chart. the directions begin saying using brown (a) and then Green (b) but the remaining colors are not given an assigned letter. So looking at the charts, I don’t know what color to start with. the blue chart starts with violet and dynamite, which are both one skein colors. Is that right? Dynamte blue is the Brown and Violet fields is the green?

1 Like

I purchased my pattern from Ravelry in December. It has only one set of color charts and the colors are assigned in rainbow colors. I’m wondering if the Ravelry pattern can be updated to include the other set of charts?

@JM_Lark - “it’s a rug; it’s just a rug” !! Love it.

I keep thinking that this thing is uniquely mine. I may be knitting the same pattern and using the same yarn as everyone else. But did anyone else start with the wrong chart (Chart 2 then 1 for me) and read a line backwards that they decided to keep so that the first section has a mini-zig? I think not.

Mindset: no stress. have fun.

“It’s just a rug”

7 Likes

This is such a great fun knit! I’m loving reading people’s comments. And couldn’t resist posting a picture of my rug so far. Kind of wonky knitting for me on such big needles, but I figure it will felt up and all wonky-ness will be gone.

11 Likes

I’m using a variety of yarns and getting a variety of tensions - and I’m okay with it.
Fingers are crossed that I’m not being too cavalier…

4 Likes

How very kind! And clever…

1 Like

I’ve finished chart one and am very pleased with the colors from the Heathers kit I got from MDK. My steek section is a mess because I was confused about the edge stitches working with the checkerboard directions given, but it should work out.

12 Likes

Yep! Dynamite blue is the cast on color (A)

1 Like

Looks great!!

2 Likes

I love it! Onward! I got in a few rows on my garter stripe stole so win win!

3 Likes

My heathers progress

12 Likes

The front loaders are still a huge disappointment, mine smelled of mold within months even though I never left the door closed.

4 Likes

So many great comments I’m really enjoying the discussion. My first round of chart one complete in the heather colorway.

11 Likes

loving this project!

10 Likes

So pleased to see this as I ordered this color way also.

3 Likes

I’m loving the colors!

1 Like