Field Guide 22: Grace Knitalong!

Hi! I’m also making Gossamer in a blue shade color 703 which I can’t remember the name. I’m swatching now but don’t think that will matter much. Any idea what the ease is on that pattern? That may also not matter but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about that. Thanks!

2 Likes

Rather than attempting to knit loosely I would check and see if you can knit a different size with your gauge to get a sweater that fits, given that there are 10 stitch differences between sizes, this seems like a safer approach to me, that said it is not super fitted either.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice. I had thought of that, too. I was going for the second size. Finished measurements seem quite loose.

1 Like

Good luck! Will look forward to seeing how it comes out.

I am using a Bordeaux color- my yarn has not arrived yet- will try to post pictures when the yarn and buttons get here-

1 Like

Did you wash your swatch? If not, the do it remeasure. I don’t always do it but particularly with this lovely yarn your get a better sense of what you’ll end up with.

1 Like

I did and ended up with correct gauge on size 7 needles in stockinette! I did not do it in the round, though, and hope I’ll have correct gauge on circular.

2 Likes

I just finished the first half of the front, and I’m going to say that there is about an inch of ease. If you are in doubt, go a size up.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!! That’s very helpful.

3 Likes

I’m working on he Grace beanie…any suggestions on how to block the beanie when I’m finished. The yarn is composed of alpaca, merino and silk. I usually wet block but maybe the alpaca is too delicate for that. Suggestions welcomed - thanks

2 Likes

I steam blocked mine with my iron. No pressure, just a lot of steam.

1 Like

This is my yarn and buttons for Gossamer

17 Likes

I love those buttons! Where did you purchase them?

2 Likes

Thank you -
I purchased my yarn and buttons from This is Knit in Ireland-
The buttons are really pretty in person-

2 Likes

I’ve cast on and started the back section of the Grace Note sweater. It’s going well, I think. I finished the first repeat of the flat cable. The instructions say to work until armhole measures 5.5 inches, measured at edge. Is that the side edge of the piece?

1 Like

I generally measure a few stitches in from the edge, but would compare against your gauge swatch as well.

Yes, do the flat ( left and right ) cables until the join for knitting in the round. Then switch to the "circular ( left and right) cable instructions. Once joined for in the round, use circular patterns…
This one took me some thought also, lol.

2 Likes

Happy Day, the day is here! I am in love with the pullover and am 3 rows past the join for in the round. I did swatch and gauged successfully on a 7. Using some simular weight MDK stash and plan on an Atlas purchase for a 2nd sweater. Good luck to everyones projects! See you this evening. Jj

2 Likes

Good afternoon!
I’m jumping onto the grace pullover wagon. I have a question though, I have 4 skeins of pebble and would like to just order 5 more but I know I will not get the same lot#.
Do you think that would be okay or should I just order all the yarn needed at the same time?

1 Like

If you tell me the dye lot that you have, I can look and see if it’s going to be the same!

2 Likes