Field Guide 22: Grace Knitalong!

Good afternoon,
Am I allowed to enter the zoom late?

1 Like

You are welcome to come on in whenever you’re able to!

1 Like

Oh thank-you!
The lot# 2105-PB03. Color pebble.

Yes, every time it says “work to marker”, or “work to end” it means continue in the established cable pattern. Once started, the cables just continue down the whole sweater.

2 Likes

That’s the one we have, so just make a note when you order and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m excited to join the knitalong. I”m starting the Cuatro wrap with the rhapsody Woolfolk TovDK. While I am anxious about the garter tab cast on, right now I am struggling with the gauge. The needle size recommended for Tov DK is US 5-6. The pattern recommends US 8 which I like the look of when knitting a swatch but I don’t think I am making gauge with that — too narrow. So am trying a US9. Anyone have any thoughts on this or similar experience?

1 Like

Is the zoom over? How long did it last?

1 Like

Yes, seems it lasted an hour or so- went by really quickly-
I am looking forward to the next one already!

2 Likes

Hi all! I’m knitting the Cuatro Wrap and I have a question about how to make the edges of the stripes look neater. The first stitch of each row is slipped, so when I change color, that row of the stripe begins with one stitch that is in the old color. This keeps the colors from lining up and the colors at the edges look a little off kilter. I tried just knitting that first stitch instead of slipping it, but that didn’t look any better. Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

1 Like

Wow
That’s great. Thanks

I would focus more on the fabric you like than the gauge. It is a shawl so being spot on gauge is not as critical (except for yarn usage).

Hmmmmm. That is true, but once soaked and blocked it is less “off”, and from a distance not problematic for me, but that may be personal preference.

I’m not sure that there’s a technique that will make the striped edges straight, as the increase also causes a jog in the line of color change. I would encourage you to keep going, the overall piece will be so beautiful.

1 Like

I love all the patterns in this Field Guide i definitely want to knit the Cuatro Wrap and the Grace Notes Pullover but I’m starting with the Fancy Beanie (because 1) it’s so cute and 2) I’m still working on my sweater for Rhinebeck)!

2 Likes

I have just started Gossamer with a rose pink kid silk. I love the simplicity of the pattern.

6 Likes

Grace Note Pullover knitters… What cast on did you use?

Many thanks for your response. When I zoomed in on the photo of the sample, I could see that it is just a feature and not at all visually problematic, so I’ll just proceed with the pattern as written.

1 Like

Many thanks for your response. It makes sense when you point out that the increases also contribute to this effect. I like the overall look of the piece, so I’ll just not worry about this detail. The sample certainly looks fine when I blow up the photo. Thanks for the encouragement!

3 Likes

I am knitting both Gossamer and the Cuarto Wrap. I finished Gossamer yesterday and cast on Cuarto. The wrap is going to take longer because I’m also doing holiday knitting for my kids, but here is my Gossamer.

18 Likes

Enjoy. Looking forward to seeing your end result!