Field Guide 22: Grace Knitalong!

Haven’t gotten too far yet had trouble getting gage. Had to go up a needle size and add more cast on stitches too but I’m loving the pattern and the process.

4 Likes

Lovely! You must be a fast knitter! When did you start this?

It looks like more than it is this only took 11/2 days to do.

It took me a month to knit, because I have multiple projects going.

I used a long tail cast on for mine, but I don’t know if that’s a great choice or not. I’ve never done this construction before. I think I might knit a mini swatch and see how the shoulder seam looks before I knit too much further!

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I was thinking of a provisional cast so I might go that route.

1 Like

I did it per the pattern and using the cast on edge added structure to the shoulder seam. This is my first shoulder seam.

8 Likes

That’s just beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
:smiley:

1 Like

Beautiful… Are you using Atlas fibre?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s seaglass! Love how it’s knitting up.

1 Like

Beautiful! Thanks Elaine. Love the color,

That looks great!

I did go ahead and make a little swatch of shoulder stitches with a long tail cast on, and thankfully did not find it too difficult to pick up and knit from… Should work fine!

7 Likes

following!

1 Like

I’m working on the Cuatro wrap - my slip stitch edges on the left side don’t look great (the right is ok but not perfect) - any tips on the slip - is the yarn it front and going around the stitch and through or just to the back and working the next stitch.

1 Like

When I knit my version, I moved the yarn between the needles after slipping.
I hope that this is helpful.

2 Likes

How’s everyone doing with their projects? So far, I’m pretty happy with my Grace Notes sweater. I had to tick back a few rows when I noticed some odd looking twisted rib stitches… I wish I’d snapped a photo before I did that, so someone could tell me what I did! Do people think that the cables will spread out a little? I’m not at the 20 inches wide that I was going for when I chose the size I wanted, more like 18 ", but my gauge seems to be right when I spot check it. Also, I’m noticing the stitch following each cable is a little loose, so any tips on that would be appreciated.

7 Likes

It is really looking beautiful.

Just began a first sleeve.

8 Likes

Thanks! I can’t decide if I need to go up a size to be safely big enough! When I get home tonight I’ll go measure every sweater I own one more time…