Field Guide 22: Grace Knitalong!

After all the fiber festival fun (Indy Untangled, Cakeapalooza and Rhinebeck) I’m finally making some progress on my Fancy Beanie. Such a fun knit!

8 Likes

I need to know the depth of the V neck. It’s not on the schematic that Kay posted regarding fit. This beauty won’t work for my body type of it’s too low. Can anyone help?
Thank you!

Knit the purl stitch on the left of the cable with the yarn wrapping clockwise. This will create a twisted stitch which you will knit into the back loop on the following row.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the tip! I realize now I was a little mixed up, because knitting top down- it’s really the knit stitch before starting the rib that is loose. I think this trick is working :blush:

1 Like

I made it to the decrees rounds for the crown. Such a fun knit and I love the pattern!

7 Likes

Beanie completed. Need to do a pompon.

9 Likes

Some progress on Grace note pullover.

8 Likes

Just cast on Gossamer and I’m wondering about instructions on page 32 where it says work even working buttonhole row 1 every 4”. I’m confused about the work even part. Do I work rows 1-3 and then the buttonhole row every 4”? Thanks in advance for any help!!!

1 Like

Finished!!!

10 Likes

My KAL? The ever so wonderful Gossamer. I am loving this pattern!

9 Likes

work even means to work in the currently established edge and body patterns,
and at the same time, at each 4", and on the RS, make a buttonhole.

2 Likes

Thank you Nell!

1 Like

I’ve been going through some health issues. Return of breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. I’m starting chemo soon. MDK has kept me going with the daily emails and Field Guides. I love you guys so much. The day I received my No.22 I ordered the Gossamer yarn and got started. I like to do one project at least from the new guides. Here’s my current status on Gossamer. [quote=“MDK-Allison, post:1, topic:8710, full:true”]
Hello knitters,

Our knitalong for Joji’s Field Guide 22: Grace is about to begin! We’re so excited to start working on our projects. This is where we can gather to share progress, photos, tips, ask questions, and knit together virtually.

Don’t have your Field Guide 22 yet? You can find it here

Find all things Grace in our one-stop shop here

Join us as we kick off the Knitalong on October 10th at 5pm Eastern by signing up here. You’ll get the Zoom link emailed to you the morning of. We are going to be giving door prizes throughout this event, so be sure to attend. We won’t be doing a recording of this event, so you’ll want to be there for the fun.

Happy knitting!
[/quote]

2 Likes

This was suppose to go with my post but I can never get it right!!!

16 Likes

Your Gossamer is just lovely.
I’m wishing you good health, and an easy journey. xo

3 Likes

I’m not partial to deep v necks myself. I also like looser sleeves than this pattern suggests. So I’m going to make a couple modifications, I’m going to knit the back farther before stopping to join with the fronts. Then for the fronts, I’m going to cast on for my size (I’m knitting the 4th size) but then follow the neck increases for the smallest size. I don’t know exactly what neck I’ll get, but I think it will be closer to what I’ll like. Then because my armholes are larger, I’ll be joining the two fronts and knitting flat for a bit till I get to the right length to join with the back. I’ve got another pattern for a v-neck that works that way, so it seems like it ought to work here too! I’m almost done with the back yoke, so starting on the fronts soon, hope this works!

1 Like

Thank you! It seems as if you’ve worked out a good solution. The split at the v-neck is so lovely I am reluctant to redesign it, but I think what you suggest might work without too much fiddling around. I look forward to seeing your result.

1 Like

I’ll post photos when I get far enough along to see. I’m not fast, so it’ll be awhile!

Kudos for making it{the barbydoll pattern} work for you!
Mine wound up way too short and way too wide but hey, had fun…

How are you doing? Just getting to end of short rows on back. Rhinebeck and work put me behind schedule. Stitches not perfect, but I’m knitting through it. I’m not going to see the back. Since I’m learning all new skills, I’m allowing myself some slack. If I keep taking it out, I’ll never get done! Check out German short rows - it works, and so much easier than w&t. Yarn is wonderful!!!

1 Like