Fun Find in my Stash!

We are doing a home improvement project that made it neccessary to completely empty the spare room where my main stash lives in a big armoire. It had been 6 years since any attempt at organizing
In there I found a nice little bag with with 2 skeins of Rowan cashsoft dk in thunder color. I vaguely remember buting it in Utah a long time ago. Now to figure what to knit with it. Maybe another baby surprise jacket. I never get tired of that pattern
. What would YOU knit?

2 Likes

I’ve only done 1 baby surprise —so I’haven’t gotten past the experience of —“this can’t be right…oh! How amazing!” —you couldn’t go wrong —although a cowl or shawlette would probably be what I would knit. SO fun to find yarn in one’s own stash. Isn’t it?

2 Likes

Gosh, I’ve just done the same. 3 piles—donate, keep for me, and keep and update ravelry for potential sale. A few that I recall why I bought but am no longer interested, and more than a few “what on earth was I thinking “! Destash update coming soon. I love the BSJ. Good luck!

1 Like

I found two skeins of the most offensive orange yarn. Not sure what was up with that! Truly not something I would ever use and i have no recollection of it. Oh well.:blush:

3 Likes

Baby jacket in cashmere? O la la!
I make hats our of my “ugly” yarn to donate to the church and the homeless. Been using the slip stitch hat pattern out of MDK #9. Turns ugly yarn into a useful thing of beauty.

7 Likes

Hey maybe that orange yarn could be a hat…hmmm😊
Yep…ooh lala baby sweater. I like that.

2 Likes

I have 5 granddaughters, so trust me, I’ve tried the BSJ. It did not work out; I have no idea why. I was discouraged to think I could be defeated by a mere knitting pattern, but defeated I was. That’s okay, on to the next project!

2 Likes

I almost always add a hood or collar to my BSJs. And on all but the smallest newborn ones I add a couple inches of ribbing at the sleeves
I do love that pattern. 5 grandaughters! Lucky you Bfenne! I have way mostly boys to knit for.

1 Like

The slip stitch hat appears in Field Guide 8.

1 Like

I am doing exactly the same thing!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I have found (at least once) I could do subtitles if I was watching on my laptop -literally on my lap. :blush:

1 Like

I’m still organizing. Should have bought more large boxes. I may need an intervention.

6 Likes

Wow, serious stash!! My husband thinks I have a lot of yarn, lol. I really don’t as I’ve only been knitting for 2 years

2 Likes

Trust me, this is not it! Tell him you are fine!!

1 Like

Looks like we should all go check out your Ravelry stash sale!

3 Likes

I’m not always great at marking things for sale, but have a look and feel free to ask. I have projects in mind for some of this, but certainly not all!

2 Likes

Did you mean the beret? A little confused at the description of it as a slip stitch pattern.
Thanks

Oh, turns out there is a Slipstitch Hat in MDK #8! Might that be the one you menat?

Yes, that’s the one I meant. It is a great way to use up bits, especially if they are different weights as it just all seems to work out nicely.

2 Likes