Gnome for the Holidays Virtual Class

I always save my bits and bobs of yarn, maybe you could use some of that?

2 Likes

Finally finished. My dog did not allow me the 3 hours. This was a fun class. I learned a lot.

9 Likes

The pets, children, spouses: such distractions! Congrats on what I hope is your first of many gnomes!

2 Likes

I was struck by Sarah’s idea of just leaving all the ends in there as a start–for fifteen gnomes I’ve dutifully cut off the ends like a DOPE. No more!

4 Likes

They’re not just for soup any more.

2 Likes

I love this! I was thinking of doing one in Maize and Blue for my daughter who is an alumni… I think Gnoah is absolutely a Victor Valiant!

2 Likes

Victor Valiant!!! I love it! Have you checked out her other patterns? There may be a more Gnightly gnome. Oh, the puns!

I’m a new gnomer and in for the December MKAL with Sarah too! Gnovember is a good time for more practice Gnomes! Love your photo! Zipcat on Rav

2 Likes

It was such a fun class! I was able to finish my gnome. I am planning on many more with all the colors from the bundle, I learned so much about stuffing toys. I liked the zoom class format class a lot more than I thought.

8 Likes

I loved the class! I have now signed up for Sarah’s December KAL and purchased several more patterns. Looks like I’m hooked.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Did you join the Ravelry forum? We have lots of fun there. I’m MiYarnStalker and have made all but one of her gnomes. I have all the patterns since she runs periodic sales and awards prize winners options for free patterns.

Susan K Schutz
Happy member of the Susan Sisterhood

“……judgement isn’t about you. It’s about the person making the judgement.”

Morrison, Byron. Maybe You Should Give Up: 7 Ways to Get Out of Your Own Way and Take Control of Your Life

Michigan
Ravelry ID: MiYarnStalker
Flickr

My Lomo Home

2 Likes

Yes I did! You can certainly spend a lot of time there!

3 Likes

Wait until you see the creativity at the end of the MKAL when everyone is trying to win first place. I try but have only won small prizes and free patterns which are perfectly fine with me. I love looking at all the other photos and my Michigan weather isn’t always cooperative for taking gnomes outside for adventures. Mine have gone out for dinner, on hikes, kayaking, and two went to visit my mom and she gnome-napped them so they live there now.

Several others are now in Montreal where they took on new identities and live in a doll house.

It’s all fun and every leftover oddball from other projects can become gnomes. You should try the giant gnome. They do get large.

Susan K Schutz

Morrison, Byron. Maybe You Should Give Up: 7 Ways to Get Out of Your Own Way and Take Control of Your Life

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

1 Like

I think we need to write a Hallmark Holiday/Murder movie where they finally find the stolen diamonds weighing down the gnomes on the villain’s highly decorated mantel in a Victorian bed and breakfast in Vermont.

11 Likes

That would be hilarious. Would I need to knit a new gnome to join in since all my existing gnomes have already been ‘around’? I can do that after I finish my Droplet from Sarah’s Sproutz collection for the current KAL.

Susan K Schutz

Michigan
Flickr

My Lomo Home

1 Like

I used BBs! I happened to have them because I was going to make a frame weight (for embroidery), but ended up using a velvet bag full of pennies instead. My gnomes will be strictly decor (not for children). Adding a few BBs to the gnome before putting in the disk of stuffing to hold them in place gives a “heft” to the gnome’s base to keep him upright.

2 Likes

I bought polyfill stuffing in white and black (since they had it) and poly pellets from my local Michaels.

1 Like

WOW! I just want to get it finished. Maybe I can do something fancy next year.

1 Like

I bought a 5 lb bag of fluff from Joann and it came with a warning. The bag was really stuffed and when I cut open a corner it wanted to explode. I bought a jug of pellets also from Joann online. I think I have enough fluff for hundreds of gnomes.

Susan K Schutz

3 Likes

. This guy from the class has been joined by 3 siblings, all of the ornament variety. Easy and fun, and my non existent DPN skills are much much better.

9 Likes