Let´s Show Our Baby/Toddler Sweaters

Since I started my career as knitting and crochet designer, last year that I made my first baby/toddler sweaters. What about you? Let’s show our baby sweaters. I start with my Candy Baby Sweater, raglan, stranded and lots of fun for the little ones! Show me your beautiful creations!

DSC00166a

7 Likes

last baby sweater (baby surprise jacket with added collar and ribbed cuffs.) Getting ready to cast on another soon. With hood.

7 Likes

Guess i didnt do the cuffs now that i look at pic. I love that pattern

1 Like

LOve it!!!

1 Like

I’m going to keep an eye on this thread. I’m knitting for fraternal twin boy grand babies that are coming in August. There are so many wonderful sweater patterns to choose from and they’re only babies for a short time. Oh, so much knitting, so little time.
:laughing:

4 Likes

What a great way to expand your sweater knitting horizons. --Try any technique, it won’t take long to see how it looks. Really cute pattern by the way.

1 Like

I too have a little boy grand baby due in August. --I was thinking -August -skip the knits for awhile! --but they are fun to do and don’t take much time, after all.

3 Likes

Congratulations of your grand baby on the way! These little guys will be my first grand babies and I get two at one time. My mom will finally be a great grandmother at the age of 86. She was feeling peer pressure. She’s funny.
I am taking time off from baby knitting for the next couple months then will make more after I get to know them. My daughter is not one to be careful with the care of clothing and probably won’t have time so I’m thinking just acrylic/wool blend pullovers and hoodies for the winter.

1 Like

Baby Surprise is in my Ravelry faves and might actually be in my queue. If it isn’t it should be. Give me a few minutes. I’m running on over to Ravlery.

3 Likes

I make that one a lot.

2 Likes

Here is my beautiful granddaughter wearing the My Gift to You Sweater knit in Malabrigo Rios. One of the nice things about this pattern is that it is easily adaptable for either girls or boys.https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Lesliedm3/my-gift-to-youIMG_7194|375x500

4 Likes

Both your granddaughter and the sweater are adorable!

Have you seen the absolutely darling baby/toddler knits at Little French Knits https://www.florencemerlin.com? They are to-die-for sweet.

2 Likes

That is adoranle! And the color is perfect! I just found out that we have grandbaby # 10 on the way
…due in late Dec. So I get to make more fun baby knits!!!

3 Likes

I always loved the Surplice Baby Jacket by EZ. I like it ever so slightly better than the Surprise Jacket.

I had the devil of a time tracking down someone who had the 2007 magazine it appeared in for sale! It is also in a book - Knit One, Knit All, which is about £25 - or so I am told. But don’t bother looking for the Spun Out version from School House Press. Here’s a lovely sample from Ravelry https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/surplice-baby-jacket :

and here is my first attempt:
on thicker yarn and bigger needles
bsj

6 Likes

Very sweet!

I can play this game!
My youngest daughter had fraternal twin boys last Wednesday one month early. I started my knitting in January the week after she broke the news to all of us. At the shower I gave her four Patches cardigans from the One Skein sock yarn book. Then, she got eight pairs of socks, two afghans.
I’ve got more on the needles but here’s one of the sweaters. My internet signal isn’t strong enough out in rural farmland here to upload much at one time.
This was the photo I took before I put red buttons on it.

8 Likes

That is super cute. I need to look up that pattern.

1 Like

Me too! I have that book!

Totally adorable!:heart_eyes:

4 Likes