MDK Summer Camp: Dishcloths with Lorilee Beltman

The dishcloths never end! Here’s where we can continue the conversation about our dishcloth progress, share tips n tricks, show pix of our exquisitely functional dishcloths!

3 Likes

OK I am GOING to conquer intarsia! I swear! :joy:
Here are my minis–regular and mosaic, and I’m about to start the stripes!

5 Likes

Can’t wait for the replay because my day job kept me from going to camp!

3 Likes

My mom had a doctor appointment, so I couldn’t attend either! I am really looking forward to the video!

2 Likes

Hands down, today’s summer camp was The Best Knitting Class Ever! I’m a brand new intarsia knitter! Who knew it wasn’t so scary? Thank you MDK for having Lorilee Beltman as our Camp Counselor! (More please!)

3 Likes

I had so much fun at camp. I thought I’d call behind since I just changed knitting styles but the pace was just right. I appreciated all the tips, and examples of “fails”.
I just ordered a box box of Rowan Handknit Cotton for coaster/board cleaner sets for teacher appreciation gifts. These will make easy portable knitting, or at least some styles will. I cords will definitely be good for wait times. I thought I knew better and pulled out my DPNs for the homework then discovered passing the stitches back to the left needle is easier and evens out the stitches. Thank you!
Once again, though, I lost track of my knitting during the fun chat in the breakout room.

3 Likes

The breakout rooms were so fun!

2 Likes

OK, have done three minis, and started the full size basic. Might I be addicted?

5 Likes

The projects were so much fun!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for access to the video recording! Hoping the link will arrive soon!

3 Likes

Same! I was really hoping to skip out on work to attend, but it didn’t happen.

4 Likes

Oh look, it’s MORE Handknit cotton for MORE dishcloths! :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes

IMG_2491
Once again I show myself as a bit techno-challenged as I’ve been trying to post this photo for 8 days. Finally, success!
My fifth cloth was a bit of an experiment. I’m hoping my next “go” at incorporating a “center” will be a bit closer to the shape I had envisioned, but I’m happy with all of them.
I’m inspired to make these for the teachers at my grandchildren’s school, or at least the teacher’s I interact with as white board cleaners.
First, though, I need to knit some little cats and make some bobbin lace for library windows.

6 Likes

Soooo cute! I love the goldfish center mini!

1 Like

What a terrifc set of minis!

1 Like

Good job. Em-knits likes the “fish.” I like the “leaf.” Either way, you did a great job. I look forward to seeing your cats.

3 Likes

The sinkmates pattern was a great summer camp knit. As I told a friend, it was a good reminder of how satisfying garter stitch can be, playing with color and impromptu pattern designs, and stitching into an I-cord. And I have fun items to add to upcoming birthday and holiday gifts!

3 Likes

Quick question, if we participated in the dishcloth summer camp zoom, is there a video of it to watch later? Just looking for a refresher to make some Christmas gifts. Thanks

There was, but I don’t think it’s available now. I think it was only available for a limited amount of time.