Mood Cardigan Knitters Unite!

We’re going to live forever so we can knit all the things.

13 Likes

you can do the body in three’s after you do the arms in 4’s

2 Likes

I certainly have enough stash to last forever!

6 Likes

I’m in, but also just started the back on my Trellis so we shall see.

I’m already intimidated by the provisional cast-on… those have historically not gone well for me.

Got my yarn though!

2 Likes

It’s the first time I was ready to start the next one while I was still knitting the first one. I felt just like you!

2 Likes

There’s something to be said for uniforms… :blush:

3 Likes

9 Likes

This video was the game changer for Kay Versus the Crochet Provisional Cast-on:

5 Likes

Go Susan! Go Susan! I love that little crunch the Silky Wool has.

2 Likes

Yes, one day I’ll finish my Moderne in it!

My Rustic Fingering Lakeland arrived today and it is GORGEOUS!! Excited to swatch tomorrow & get going on this project!!

3 Likes

I’m Denise, glad to be here! I pulled the fingering yarn out of a ridiculously hard bag project I may never do…so I love the colors and am now imagining the Mood Cardigan in stripes! Suggestions?

2 Likes

I just ordered my Rustic Fingering in Cooper Circle and cant wait for it to arrive so I can get started on my Mood Sweater! :heart:

1 Like

I love that color.

1 Like

I’m swatching. In lace. Woo hoo, look at me already! :laughing: I’ll be cheating on some intarsia so don’t tell…

2 Likes

Wait! Wait! I want to marl it!

3 Likes

I want to make this in a yarn I have a ton of, Purl Soho’s Line Weight in steel blue. It’s considered “light fingering” so I’m not sure if I want to double it or not. Marling it . . . oh that’s a can of worms I’d like to open!

1 Like

Anyone know how to sub yarn for this project? I have 1500 yards of Habu’s N-80 merino/silk and want to make the 38" bust size. Do I have enough yarn? I can’t tell how much of which weight yarn is required for a given size.

1 Like

My assumption is that with two strands held together you use double the length of a single fingering strand so it looks like you would be okay presuming you get gauge (including row gauge), but I’m happy to be challenged on this.

1 Like

so the instructions say we knit these 2 rectangles and put them both on holders - then we block them - then we put them together and then do the cuffs and ribbing - hmmmmmm - blocking is not my favorite thing to do and then we have to wait for it to dry. Hmmmmmmmmmm

I’m using sock yarn to make this - single strand not a lace weight doubled. i’ve done the sleeve portion and will contemplate this as I do the body section

2 Likes