Sei Cowl Workshop Show & Tell

Welcome to the topic where we’ll share photos, questions, answers, and chit chat from the virtual Sei Cowl Workshop taught by Olga Buraya-Kefelian on Friday, August 18.

We cordially invite you to drop your progress shots, your finished shots, and your modeled shots (ooh la la!) in this thread. And if you have a question, post it here—with so many knitters working on a Sei Cowl at the same time, you’re likely not alone, and someone may have already figured out the answer.

Slip those stitches like the wind!

8 Likes

The first Sei cowl on the needles in Atlas Truffle and Pebble. This is the small size second repeat after the first increase. So much Atlas on hand and so much love for this pattern that it’s just a matter of time before the Mallard and Skyline are up - and, inevitably, Pear and any other color - always ready for more Pear. The workshop was excellent - I can’t help but be inspired by Olga’s designs and her brilliance!

10 Likes

Here’s mine in clementine and whisper…I am in love with this pattern! This is right after the end of Pattern A.

8 Likes

I love the way the edge has a built-in scallop!

4 Likes

Pear! Be still my heart!

4 Likes

Right? I love that too! That to me is the most amazing thing about this pattern–it’s so simple, stitch wise, but it creates these amazing things!

2 Likes

What do you think would go well with Pear? I’ve been looking at the Atlas colors trying to imagine pairings…

1 Like

I love Pear - and therefore think everything goes with it. Truffle, Mallard, Cedar, and Barn Red are in my stash and winking at the Pear they should be together on the next Sei. Or maybe more than 2 colors - maybe a stripey Sei?

3 Likes

To get a sense of how Pear plays with Lapis and other colors, take a look at Jen Geigley’s collection for Atlas: https://www.moderndailyknitting.com/community/jen-geigley-for-mdk-atlas/

I went looking for Pear pairings. Jen used Pear mainly as a solid for a pullover and balaclava, and just in small bits here and there, but then I saw lots of other potential Sei Cowl combos in her other projects. Seaglass and Truffle, oh my! Or Seaglass and Peat.

4 Likes

I am in love with Seaglass, personally. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes! You’re singing my song - Jen and I are Pear sisters. The first project I made with Atlas was Jen’s Main Squeeze Pullover in, of course, Pear.

3 Likes

Right now I’m working on a little (secret) something with Pear, Peat, Mallard, Seaglass, and Barn Red - and it’s bringing me great joy.
I do like the idea of Pear and Cedar together…

4 Likes

Oooooohhhh - can’t wait!

2 Likes

There are two repeats of Pattern A, B, C and D right? I got myself a bit turned around at the transition from A to B had to do a bit of frogging but I think I’m back on track now. Here is two A and the first B

6 Likes

Thanks for this space! I wonder if this color change is correct. It seems wrong - too loose and vertical.

2 Likes

Did you co with clementine? I did. Is the co color the background? I’m only om row 2. Ty

2 Likes

I CO with Clementine too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, you’ll do two of each section before the increases.

2 Likes

Somethings not tight. Right???

My slipped stitches are on the Stockinette side. Any suggestions???

I pulled out row 5 and reknit it with st st facing me. Still not sure I’m knitting this correctly.

1 Like