Treeline Cowl Workshop Show & Tell

We had a blast at Lorilee Beltman’s virtual workshop for the Treeline Cowl on Friday, October 13.

This topic is a place for workshop participants to reconnect, cheer each other on, and show off our finished Treeline Cowls.

Pictures posted here are eligible for our Botanica Knitalong prize drawings!

Can’t wait to see those Treeline Cowls popping off your needles!

Love,

Kay

4 Likes

All that’s left is the end ribbing! Woo!

4 Likes

Moving right along. Made mine one repeat larger and it looks like plenty of yarn to finish. Can’t wait until the recording shows up to remind me of a few of Lorilee’s tips :grin:

6 Likes

This went really quickly! Just have to block and sew in ends! Such a fun class!

6 Likes

Love yours! I need to block and weave in my ends too!

3 Likes

Yours is so perfect! It looks like the one in the field guide!

4 Likes

In progress-barn red version with warm colors worked flat; peat version in background to be worked in round. I’m curious about my gauge and differences in finished product using two methods, plus what fun to play with color!

8 Likes

On the mats! I didn’t use a color catcher and the colors didn’t bleed so yay Atlas!

3 Likes

IMG_0416 (002)
Finished! This was a very addictive knit and lots easier than I thought it was going to be. DH is getting me the Cottage Thow Kit for Christmas.

4 Likes

Oh gosh I WANT that cottage throw kit!

1 Like

Near the finishing line! I learned a lot during the workshop and had fun with this project. It’s a very warm garment and I’m going to gift it to someone who lives in a colder climate!

4 Likes

Fabulous gift idea! I hope the recipient appreciates it!

It’s hard to stop!

9 Likes

I just finished steam blocking my Treeline Cowl. I made a few knitting mistakes along the way and had to tink a couple of times, but I’m happy with the result–and feeling bolder about trying an all-over color-work sweater.

4 Likes

BTW, I just weighed my leftover yarn from the Treeline Cowl. I used less than half of each color. Inspired by Nelknits, I’m thinking I can squeeze a matching hat out of my leftovers. Thank you for the idea, Nell!

3 Likes

Hi, Nell. Love this. Did you modify the cowl stitch count to make a hat? I’m inspired to knit a Treeline Hat from my Treeline Cowl leftovers. I’m thinking of casting on 90 stitches and wondering if that’s going to work out. It does for the motifs, and I think it will for the circumference, but I’ve never modified anything to this extent, so I’m looking to compare notes. Thank you for any advice you share!

2 Likes

The photo is the cowl as written, just popped on my large head as a hat - The chart will make a terrific hat.
:deciduous_tree: :house: :deciduous_tree:
I recommend using the 120 stitches - casting on and working the rib with a needle 2 sizes smaller.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed the focus and ease of the knit. Made it for someone who has suffered a horrible loss and it was so soothing to knit a pattern of trees and love for them.

4 Likes