Setesdal Hat Knitalong with Arne & Carlos

Going to make the sweater too!! But I’m subbing in red velvet and cappuccino. Although I do love the bright colors as shown!

3 Likes

Can you send the chat to me at sbeard@knittingyou.com? I look forward to the recording tomorrow.
Thank you so very much.
Shirley

1 Like

Cannot you send a copy of. The chat to me at this address?
Thank you so very much,
Shirley

It’s a beautiful day. Enjoy.

1 Like

Would you also send it to me. Funny, I am very techo but not with zoom. Thank you in advance:
Nancy Schuelke
cnschuelke@charter.net

1 Like

I can’t work out how to DM you… noob here! But id love the chat file please. My email address is smoffiknitsncrochets@gmail.com
Thank you for your offer x

1 Like

If you email me
Nellknits@gmail.com
I’d be happy to forward it to you

Sorry I missed the zoom meeting. I’ve done a couple of inches of the hat and it looks small. I’m going to soak and block tonight to see if that helps. If not, will try with larger needles.

Looking forward to this KAL! Quick needle question. The smaller size says US 2/3mm. A size 2 is 2.75mm. Will that make a difference? Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to The Lounge. I don’t thing that the quarter of a mm will make much of a difference either way so honestly I would use either a two or a three US needle. I think you only use it for the ribbing which is pretty forgiving. I’m following the pattern and using a US 2 and a US 4 and (clutch your pearls) I’m not swatching. It’s a small enough project that I’ll just consider the hat my swatch and rip it out if I need to make a change.

6 Likes

What time is the knitalong? On YouTube……sign up? Regular time each week? Look forward to attending. Loved the Zoom today at noon.

Arne and Carlos are live on You Tube every Wednesday. The recording lives on You Tube forever. Check their You Tube site to see what time it is in your time zone. Otherwise, the rest of the KAL is wide open. You don’t need to sign up, just knit and, if you want to, hang out and post in the lounge or on Instagram. There’s no end date and the start date is more of a suggestion than a demand. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Hi Ann!
Sorry to have missed the ZOOM meeting. I never got the link!
Oh well, tomorrow is Feb 1. Looking forward to it.
Lucinda

1 Like

Started my Setesdal hat in slightly different colors of Rowan felted tweed, as the Norwegian wools was sold out when I needed to purchase the yarn. I kind of like the different colors, and hope the different yarn works out okay. #arnecarlos

14 Likes

Wow, I adore this substitution, and I don’t yet have a Felted Tweed hat …

1 Like

Love your color choices.

1 Like

I like the colors you picked.

1 Like

Looking forward to this KAL! I am allergic to wool, so will use acrylic yarn left over from my 2022 temperature blanket. (I’m doing a temperature scarf for 2023.) I was having a problem doing the ribbing in the round with the size 2 needles, so I knit it flat and will join in a circle when I start the colorwork. I use markers for each section of the pattern so I can keep an accurate count!

7 Likes

I substituted black for pink and rather like it.

16 Likes

I have four balls of Norwegian wool in my stash from the Arne & Carlos workshop in November so I decided to use them and adjust the pattern to four colors instead of five.

17 Likes

My progress so far. Not sure whats going on with my ribbing, it seems to want to stick out rather than cinch in!

I was a little scared of the colour work, but im really enjoying it and impressed how even it is!

10 Likes