Setesdal Hat Knitalong with Arne & Carlos

Waiting for my hat bundle to arrive but swatching with some Norwegian Wool I got for Arne & Carlos Christmas balls.

8 Likes

I finished fiddling around with my color decisions and cast on in the wee hours with coffee while iced in. So glad to have this excitement to take my mind off of sleet!

My first hat (I have a feeling there will be more) I’m going with the Wind Chime (aka white-ish) for the main color for the brim and top, and keeping a lot of the other sections unchanged.

5 Likes

Kicking off the project, ribbing complete.

8 Likes

Love these colors! So good.

Hi Lucinda! I just posted links to our 1/31 Zoom at the top of this topic. And also a link to Arne & Carlos’s Youtube channel, where they’re going to be talking about the Setesdal Hat knitalong every Wednesday, noon Central, during their podcast Sit and Knit for a Bit. So fun!

4 Likes

This is my first time visiting The Lounge. I am not very good with technology so I am hoping I can get a picture posted on here. Any tips would be great.

2 Likes

I cast on today and finished the ribbing during Arne & Carlos’s podcast! I’m going to take it nice and slow and follow their schedule for the KAL. Week 1: cast-on, ribbing, switch to larger needles and increase – DONE!

11 Likes

I am using six colors of the NW. such lovely wool! Needed to add a repeat and go up a needle size to accommodate husband’s large head. Just knit this up while grand baby is napping :grin:

9 Likes

Here is my slow knitting progress! So far, I manage the long tail cast and few rows of rib. I am so happy to try a colorwork along Arne and Carlos. #arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting

9 Likes

I’m doing that too! It would be fun to start a topic for those of us making the mittens but I honestly don’t know how to do that.

4 Likes

It’s not hard to post photos here. If you are on a desktop computer, hit the orange reply button at the bottom of the thread and a box will pop up (just like you did for your typed post.)

At the top of the box there’s a line of grey icons.
Click the one I circled in red and a search box will pop up. Find the photo on your computer, highlight it, and then click open.

On the left hand box that you are typing in, it will only show you the file address.
In right hand box (which is preview box), you’ll see what it will look like like when you’re done.

Then just hit the orange reply button again and it will post.

On your phone it’s the same process but the little icon to click is in the lower right hand corner.

I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures.

4 Likes

I am in the same position as you but I’m excited to be part of it. My last 2 balls of yarn have shipped and then I’ll be ready to go!

3 Likes

Started today! Switching the colors around a little

6 Likes

Thanks Ann! Love the ZOOM meeting! All of you did a wonderful job putting this together!
Thank you again,
Lucinda

3 Likes

Progress on day two! I am finding this a fun and easy project. I love how Norwegian Wool knits up.

16 Likes

Got my hat cast on while listening/watching Arne and Carlos podcast today. And knit a few rows after work. Now will carry on some more!! What fun!!!

8 Likes

Welcome! So glad you’re hopping on the hatwagon!

Just started while watching Arne & Carlos on their podcast. Switched the red for cappuccino and I like it with the gold nugget.

13 Likes

Thank you Sheshai, I was wondering what to do to size up for a large man’s head! I will do the same and hope it will fit. Alison x

1 Like

Thanks sheshal, I was wondering what to do about the big man’s head size. I will copy you and live in hope! Alison x

1 Like