Setesdal Hat Knitalong with Arne & Carlos

That is gorgeous. Did you post a complete picture? Cannot wait to see it! I thought of Christmas right away and just love it!

1 Like

Wow!!! Congratulations. Have a wonderful time with your prize!!!
Here are a few extra exclamation points just to add to the celebrations – !!!

3 Likes

Yes! Congrats!:tada::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

I’ve got just the thumb left on the mittens - i love how they’ve turned out! One trick I wish I knew before making these: when doing the thumb’s next row after knitting in the scrap yarn, just knit a row of straight color, then pick up the pattern again on the row of that. Having the strands in the top row to pick up in afterthought thumbs is leading to a tangle that isn’t fun. Knit and learn! Processing: 20230305_100923.jpg…

3 Likes

I knit this hat after pulling together some leftover DK weight of various wool blends. I used this project as a primer for a larger color work project. It was a fun knit!

9 Likes

I was unhappy with my decreases and felt the hat was getting too tall! So, I made a lifeline and ripped back my knitting to where I finished the color work. I think I’m going to follow your example and decrease more rapidly too! Thanks very much for posting these helpful tips AND for all of the great photos!

2 Likes

These colors are SO great! Thank you for sharing this photo. Very inspiring choices!

1 Like

These are just gorgeous! And your decreases are so tidy! And it’s fascinating to see the pattern in so many different color ways. Thank you for sharing these!

Thanks Jeni. It was such a fun knit. I may make a few more.

1 Like

Here’s my hat #2… new hat, new snow! Took this photo this morning and we’ve got two more inches since then. As soon as it melts and packs down, we get more… The snow shovel made a great hat stand!

11 Likes

Finished mine just in time for 20 degree temps!!!

8 Likes

stay warm!

4 Likes

Way to go Jennifer! I feel like Mother Nature wants us to keep knitting Arne & Carlos–my birdbath in Nashville froze over, crazy!

4 Likes

Really lovely colours. Well done

2 Likes

Yes, I noticed that extra row also. In my hat, I decided to add gold stitches alternating with my main color brown (would be the gold and red in your hat) for that last pattern row. I liked the way the extra gold stitches at the top helped pull together the two bands of gold zigzags. And like you observed, that extra row really does add something special to top off the color patterns.

#arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting

6 Likes

Your top row of gold dots is inspired! I love how it balances the design. Too late for my hat but expect a copy cat on my next version! Kudos!!

1 Like

Thanks, mollgillster! With your hat you could add some duplicate stitches to add color to that top row… I tried that with pink stitches in the center of the crosses in the top blue and white band. It was fun experimenting, inspired by Arne & Carlos’ description of their folk costumes on one of their Setasdal videos.
This pattern is so addicting! Each new hat with different colors creates an entirely different look. I just love it :star_struck:

1 Like

Even if everybody is probably done with their hat(s) and the weather is not for hats anymore, I decided to upload my 2-color version of it as I did not see any picture in white and red. Funny how I ended up preferring the color choices from Arne and Carlos that looked so bold to me initially.

9 Likes

They are beautiful, thanks for sharing them!

1 Like

Love these colours. Great choice

1 Like