Setesdal Hat Knitalong with Arne & Carlos

Thank you! Im going to print this off and keep it with the mittens… to remind me when I come to that stitch to pull it a bit :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi - I did my hat in Black and off-white. So happy with finished hat as it is as warm as it is light as a feather. The pompom is pinned on to be removed when washing.

11 Likes

Welcome! Great hat!

1 Like

My hat is all dry and needed a tassel! It seems like the right finishing touch!

13 Likes

I finished mine! The colors are leftover from my Kos Neckwarmer, so now I guess I have a set!

15 Likes

I was amazed at how nicely mine smoothed out with just steam blocking!

2 Likes

Two happy hats. #arneandcarlos #moderndailyknitting. The KAL is the most fun I have had with knitting. Thank you everyone.

10 Likes

The first time I finished a kal on time! I rarely use the same yarn as the designer and I don’t think I have ever used the same colors, but I love this yarn and the bright colors. Near the top I did substitute pink for some of the gray-white just because I wanted to see how the pink would look beside the red. I also need to block this hat. I have never steam blocked, but plan to try it. I am pleased with how it turned out.

9 Likes

Finished. Just now. Great project. Will steam into better shape next.

#arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting

8 Likes

Very fun scarf!

I’ve started tightening the second stitch on my own. Good to know it’s a thing. :smiley: But if I have floats, I don’t tighten anything, because that’s been contributing to my uneven tension.

I like this, especially with the 2 color ribbing.

Made two Setesdal hats then tried a couple of other stash-busting projects (a striped hat and a marled belt) to continue working with this beautiful yarn. #arnecarlos # moderndailyknitting
IMG_2562

13 Likes

Thank you, Jeanieslp.

Very happy with the result (even if I did a mistake by repeating a line) and it fits (I am glad I added one pattern repeat while using US4 needles for the stranded work. I would never have chosen these colors myself, so thanks to Arne and Carlos for the color choices. Now I want to knit another one in 2 colors (red and white) even if it takes me another month.

10 Likes

I usually give a little extra tug on the second stitch after switching to the next needle. That tends to work pretty well for me. Sometimes when i notice a loose stitch here or there and i don’t feel like frogging, I use duplicate stitches to tighten them up.

2 Likes

One done, half of the second mitten done. With all the snow, it has been perfect mitten knitting weather.

12 Likes

Now that’s an efficient use of leftover yarn. The woven belt is especially imaginative!

1 Like

Hi Nancy,
Did you win the grand price from Arne and Carlos? Congratulations!! All 4 hats and color combos were really nice. I liked that picture as soon as I saw it. With that price you will now be able to do the sweater…

2 Likes

Thanks! I was so surprised that I screamed and my husband running toward me was worried something had happened to me. Needless to say, it took me the whole day to relax and meditate.
Yes, I’ll be able to knit the sweater. In the meantime, I am knitting WIP to keep busy and relaxed. My husband is celebrating by wearing the gold one.

14 Likes