Setesdal Hat Knitalong with Arne & Carlos

Flat Teresa modeling my Setesdal Hat at Des Moines Metro Knitters Sticks & String 2023.

9 Likes

Looks great!:tada:

I’m trying the mittens now. But I’m having a problem with loose stitches from when I go from one needle to the next.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Completed my hat! Great pattern, I am so proud of the results…thank you MDK and Arne and Carlos, and fellow knitters for commenting.

17 Likes

Love your hat!

Finished and on the hat block! Followed the pattern to row 27, then knit rows 1-4 before crown shaping. It will be a pocket hat for my warmest coat. The red velvet main color is close to the color of my coat.

11 Likes

He loves it. This was much easier than I thought it would be, it’s only my 3d colorwork piece.

#moderndailyknitting #arnecarlos

15 Likes

I finished this hat on February 17 and still haven’t blocked it. I immediately started a different color work hat using jumper weight yarn & have plans to make two others, then I’ll try a larger project. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to finally give color work a try!

14 Likes

Yay! I finished my hat today , all I need to do now is block it. And wait for cold weather to return next winter!

14 Likes

I love how the colors pop together!

1 Like

Nice looking succulent! It’s colors are reflected in your hat. :potted_plant:

I really enjoyed making this with everyone! Lovely yarn & fun pattern! Unlimited Joy!

12 Likes

Thank you, I pulled from my stash!
Lindy

I finished. Its a big snug on me so a friend is my model. Love the color combo.

9 Likes

Looks great, and a nice pop of color for a walk in the woods!

Thx! It’s warm, to boot, thanks to nestled floats (and some ends I still have to weave in hahahaha).

I have 2 suggestions for correcting for loose stitches (and ladders) and both work.

1. Andrea Mowry says to tighten up the second stitch on the new needle which will pull everything together. This works well without messing up gauge, at least for me.
  2. Arne and Carlos suggest knitting the first stitch of the new needle onto the old needle. This works well, too, but you need a marker for BOR so as not to get befuddled.
    I actually like to do both methods, which is probably over compensating but it gives me peace of mind!
2 Likes

Lovely! Very pretty

Finished Setesdal Hat, flip flopped the colors. Used US 6 (4mm) to get gauge = 23 sts & 27 rows per 4 inches. Loved seeing all the variations in The Lounge. Onto the mittens.

10 Likes

I have blocked it and I can’t believe how nicely it blocked! The rim flattened out and the stitching looks so much better. It blocked perfectly without pinning but I put pins in just in case.

1 Like