Setesdal Hat Knitalong with Arne & Carlos

Lol, thank you.

Finished. Fun project-I’m sure there will be more to come. [quote=“Ann1, post:1, topic:8947, full:true”]
We’re all knitting the Setesdal Hat from the new Field Guide No. 23: Glow!

Watch: our Jan. 31 Zoom launch party with Arne & Carlos right here! Such a great conversation about the Setesdal Hat and all the designs in the Field Guide.

Tune in to Arne & Carlos: Each Wednesday, noon Eastern time in February, Sit and Knit for a Bit podcast is great fun. They are giving tons of tips and wisdom.

Pattern: Details here.

Yarn: The pattern calls for Rowan Norwegian Wool, and we offer a yarn bundle of all five colors here.

1 Ball of each of the following 5 colors: 018 Ribbon Red, 012 Gold Nugget, 010 Wind Chime, 011 Daphne, 020 Frost Pink. If 018 Ribbon Red is sold out, use 023 Red Velvet.

Feel free to use your own yarn if you like, as with all MDK knitalongs.

Schedule: February 1 through February 28.

Prizes! We love to see your progress on social media! Take photos of your hat in progress and post on Instagram or Facebook, and tag them with #arnecarlos and #moderndailyknitting. You’ll be eligible to win all the Rowan Norwegian Wool needed to knit the Valdres Sweater from Field Guide No. 23: Glow, plus some beautiful sets of dpns and circulars from Prym!

How To
Long Tail Cast On
Holding Yarn for Stranded Knitting
Practicing Stranded Knitting
Knitting on Double-Pointed Needles

In addition, MDK will be giving three $50 gift cards to randomly selected participants. And one randomly selected knitter will receive the entire set of MDK Field Guides in ebook form—23 in all!
[/quote]

10 Likes

Very lovely! Colors are beautiful.

Your hat looks great!:tada::tada::tada:

Managed to make 4 hats, different colors and sizes. My husband picked the gold one for himself! Happy to have knitted this hats. Thanks #arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting for the knit along!

21 Likes

80° Thursday and snowing today, this is a great project for sitting by the fire. Only 2 chart rows to go.

#arnecarlos #moderndailyknitting

6 Likes

looks great!

1 Like

I finished the color work on Tuesday night. I have been following Arne and Carlos’s schedule which has been kind of nice to take this slowly although every cell in my body wanted to keep knitting on it. I spread the color work over 14 days as a very intentional daily meditation. I have a friend who is going through a lot of stuff and those two weeks were the toughest (hopefully) so it felt as if - even though she didn’t know it - we went through it together. It was I way I could connect and I am really glad I did it.

This morning I got started on the crown and made it to the double points in no time flat. This baby will be done and dusted (actually steamed) by tomorrow.

9 Likes

Very pretty!

I’m hoping to finish mine this weekend too. I only have six more color work rows. Then on to the decreases.

13 Likes

I love your colors. Great choices!!!

2 Likes

I hope I’m doing this right! Not to savvy on this site. I have enjoyed knitting the Setesdal hat. I used KnitPicks Gloss yarn. Plume, Harvest, River Rock, Clarity and Velveteen colors. Happy I was able to finish!
![image|666x500](upload://nOV1VJuIk7VjQx9Z2IXpLkZ1SWP.jpe

1 Like

I will try one more time to post pic of my hat.

14 Likes

Beautiful colors!

That’s a great hat! It’s so interesting how the look completely changes when using just 2 colors for the color work. I was going to knit another and you’ve inspired me to do my next one in 2 colors! Thanks for posting the pic.

1 Like

Thanks ! I have a brown cabled jacket that I knit years ago and think the hat will look good with it. We get a few cold days each year! Although this year we had way more cold than normal. I really like this yarn too and I will probably make more fingerless mittens. I wear those yearlong at work.

Thank you! I already had them in my stash yarn , and am trying to use up before buying more yarn . I’m running out of space to store more! I got on a hat kick at Christmas and think I may continue throughout the year . I have lots of people to knit for ! But this one is mine .

Here is my Setesdal scarf at its midpoint.

The scarf is 28” long at present and 8” wide, smaller than the hat in circumference. The cuffs have the bulk of the hat pattern, followed by six 3” stripes in red and white. The midpoint uses the remainder the pattern on a blue stripe with white design. The rest of the scarf will match the first half. I plan to incorporate the extra rows I mistakenly added in the pink and blue design, but fix anything else. :blush:

12 Likes

Very nice!

Such a pretty combination!