Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

Oh wow! That looks really nice!

1 Like

That looks great!

Getting there! One month left, phew. This project has been a real learning experience for consistency, time management, persistence, commitment and determination.

3 Likes

That’s for sure which is why I’m going to downsize my squares for 2023. Those weeks I’m up at our cabin slow me down since I don’t pack it all up to take with me. I was up there for probably a total of almost 4 months worth of weeks this year.

Susan K Schutz
Happy member of the Susan Sisterhood

Michigan
Ravelry ID: MiYarnStalker
Flickr

1 Like

Fabulous! Love the moon phases!

2 Likes

I LOVE your color choices!

2 Likes

I realized last nite I should have added, “Hi, November 23rd here”! So tonight it’s “Hi, November 28th here”. And that’s where I’m stuck until last night’s yarn order arrives- come to mamma……:joy:

1 Like

This has been incredibly fun. I mixed Jody Long with Felted Tweed. I knit or purled, one row a day and held 2 colors together for each row, one for the high of the day and one for the low! We have such ranges, I wanted that to show. Today I just realized this was a challenge to post so thank you for that! At the end, I will do a navy border all around in garter and somewhere will do eyelet holes 20 then 22! I wanted to give it to a childhood friend’s dad who loves watching the weather. I also wanted to make a 2nd blanket for his wife showing the temperatures for the year they were married. Don’t think I’ll get to that but the concept is fun.
Thank you so much for this challenge. I’m impressed by all the planning. I have just been winging it, buying yarn as I go.

12 Likes

CHALLENGE MET and I am finished at last. This measures 4 feet wide by 6 feet long so I only did a representative temperature for December. The finishing took forever with steek sandwiches and I-cord bindoffs, plus crocheted filler for the sandwiches on each end. But this ranks as one of my most favorite projects ever. The other two are also blankets using Rowan Felted Tweed, Color Explosion and Marie Wallin’s Fair Isle Club.

With Color Explosion

25 Likes

Wow! They look great!!!

Oh my goodness, your work is amazing. Heirlooms!!

1 Like

I love the temperature blanket 2022 tag–I’ve been thinking I need something like that. Where did you get it?

1 Like

From Katrinkles. She had several and they could be customized.

1 Like

Here’s the link!

Oh my goodness—thank you so much! I just ordered one.

1 Like

Great! I think all the different colors are new.

1 Like

Thank you for this! I just bought one, too.

1 Like

Hi, I’m 26 February.

I will not be finishing this year, had to put the Rowan felted tweed aside when I had an eczema flare-up. Been on a linen/cotton/acrylic diet for over 6 months and I miss my wool. Argh. Hopefully my flare-up is from the body wash/lotion I was using (until a week ago). Time will tell.

But I will finish this blanket, if I have to re-do it in linen!

10 Likes

May you have wool in your hands again, and soon! This project is amazing.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like