Temperature Project Sharing and Caring

Made it to the end of January and snapped my needle at the cable join. The postman will bringing me a replacement this week. Knitting like mad on a different project so I don’t have to think about it. Sending love to the knitters in Upstate New York digging out from under all that snow. Stay warm out there!

3 Likes

Two thirds done with my 40th wedding anniversary temperature blanket!! LOVE how it’s coming along and working on it each early morning is the ticket. So fun!!

7 Likes

So I’ve spent forever lurking in this community and I think it’s time to finally contribute!
I love the idea of temperature projects and have a few unconventional ideas for some I’d like to do in the future (but documenting past years that were significant to me), but for now I have something a little unique to share.

So I’m an environmentalist and a yarn dyer friend of mine shares my beliefs and she came up with a scarf pattern based off the past 100 years of global average temperature, so it’s a visual representation of climate change. She also put together a limited number of kits of cotton yarn that she’s dyed specifically for the pattern (which is free) so of course I bought one of the kits. I’m 33 years into it, so I’m 33% done, each year is 4 rows thick.

I tucked the ends under it to make the photo cleaner XD

10 Likes

I love this idea!

3 Likes

It also functions as craftivism as I can use it as a conversation starter to trick people into listening to me talk about climate change and have a visual representation of how quickly we heated the planet up >=D

5 Likes

When this blanket measured over 5 feet long, I decided to do historical averages for the month of December. I needle felted the steek, and cut this big baby open yesterday. I decided to do steek sandwiches for the borders, so this will take forever to finish,

7 Likes

Hello, my name is February 5 and I am back in business!

7 Likes

Greetings from September 29th…

Help! I’m coming up on the end of September and am just a tiny bit short on a color. Any chance anyone here has some bits of Felted Tweed in color 203 (electric green)? I think I’ll need like 10 grams at most and it feels like a shame to buy another whole ball. Let me know, I’m happy to pay for shipping!

(here is a pic up to August)

3 Likes

I have ~half a ball of Electric Green that I’m happy to send to you!

2 Likes

Wow I was not expecting such a speedy response! Thank you! Email me kyrabornong@gmail.com and we can figure out details.

1 Like

Your blanket is beautiful!

1 Like

I have some. Where are you? I’m in Yonkers NY. Happy to meet up if you’re in the NY Metro area. Otherwise I can pop some in the mail.