Turnstile Wrap Knitalong

Love the sage green color choice! That will be stunning when it’s done!!!

1 Like

Oh no! Somehow my right side became my wrong side!! :confused::confused::confused:. Should I frog it or maybe it just becomes a wrong side stripe and I do it again on the other side?? I want to rip it but am SO afraid of getting it back on the needles once I do…. This makes me think using a lifeline every 8 rows wouldn’t be a bad idea.

3 Likes

So much personal preference here. You could make it a design element. You could repeat it every once in a while, or you could rip.

1 Like

Hi! What is the Norwegian purl and how/why are you using it! Always looking for ways to “clean up” my knits! Thanks!

1 Like

The Norwegian purl is a technique shared by Arne and Carlos. They have several You Tube videos of this technique. Just Google Arne and Carlos Norwegian purl. It takes some practice, but saves you from having to bring the yarn back and forth between knit and purl stitches.

3 Likes

I’ve made it to the left shoulder. I really like the texture of the ribbed eyelet.

9 Likes

Progress! I’ve completed 5 repeats. My row gauge is looser than called for, but I’m happy with the drape. I will probable do 1 or 2 fewer repeats to keep the overall measurement the same as the schematic.

6 Likes

I can’t wait for my Canton yarn to arrive to cast on! Love this wrap!

2 Likes

Well, it’s been decided: I’m going to try to do this wrap in garter stitch. I did some mental gymnastics and decided that so long as I used deep stash I could avoid the guilt of casting on something new even when I have a thousand WIPs :stuck_out_tongue: So I pulled out some BC Garn Biobalance (panic purchased in 2020 when all my local yarn shops are going under) and an absolutely ancient laceweight wool from a local farm, purchased before I realized I didn’t love using laceweight. I also found my one of my first interchangeable needles, whose mate has long-since gone to needle heaven, and decided I needed it for the provenance of the project, and thus I am using one metal and one wood interchangeable :joy:

4 Likes

Obsessed with this colour!

My test for “should I frog it” is whether or not it is going to bother me! For me, it wouldn’t bother me and I wouldn’t frog, but if it’s going to bother you then yes, rip it!

3 Likes

Hard same! But I got too tempted by the concept of an easy layering piece :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I did frog… couldn’t stand it!!

2 Likes

It’s the world’s most subtle marl, but so far I’m here for this!

5 Likes

I love that you are making use of two odd needles. I would never think of that. Very smart.

1 Like

Love the color! Is that one of the skien holder you can use with a drill to wind your yarn?!

1 Like

Yes it is. I bought the spools and the drill piece a few years ago. I love it!

2 Likes

Can you please tell me more about the spools and drill for winding yarn?

1 Like

Sure. It’s called the WinderFull Spool and you can purchase an adapter that goes on a drill where the drill bit would normally go. You put your yarn on a swift, wrap the end around the spool, slide the spool over the adapter and turn on the drill. You can probably google WinderFull to see a video.

3 Likes

TYPO in pattern? Help! I am now dividing for armhole. I have done 20 repeats of the pattern. I have 78 stitches not 87. It looks right but the number is wrong. Let me know your experience.