A Comment on Comments 5-25-21

Please leave your comments about this post here!

Comment commentary? (:partying_face:)

3 Likes

I love coming into the lounge and just looking through post in all categories. What a wonderful place to hang out these days. Its a nice break from my knitting:))))

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for freaking me out. Iā€™ve spent the past half hour thinking that today was the 25th and trying to figure out why no one bothered to mention that I missed the bulk of my weekly meetings. I finally caught on that this is forā€¦wait for itā€¦tomorrow.

Time and space have no meaning these days.

4 Likes

So then what exactly is this page for and what starts tomorrow :astonished::rofl:

1 Like

Seriously, I am truly intrigued by this post. Are we going to war over straights vs. circulars; are you Team Bee Gees or Team Carpenters; or was Cercei Lannister truly evil or just misunderstood? Will we finally get to the root of the Oxford Comma? Yes or no? Why or why not? Please show your work. (For the record, this is a hill Iā€™m willing to die on.) Will there be a sub thread on how many spaces go after a period (in 50 words or less)? Should that last question mark be inside or outside of the parentheses? Handsome dumb guy vs. ugly smart guy? Should socks with sandals be called scandals? Would criminal background checks on cardigan designers solve the eternal question of how many stitches to pick up for a button band? If Ann and Kay were Charlieā€™s Angels which ones would they be and who would be the third? And who would be Bosley?

Iā€™m going need half a valium and a shot of Gentleman Jack in my grandmaā€™s tea cup to get to sleep tonight!

8 Likes

Oh I hope itā€™s not this deepšŸ™ƒ So many questions, so little time!
Maybe weā€™re anticipating the comments section on tomorrowā€™s post will be blocked again! (I think the bird in the warehouse sabotaged that post;)
Maybe itā€™s the long awaited announcement of the groundbreaking for the premier knitterā€™s destination hotel & spa in Nashville, TennšŸ¤” A girl can dream!!

2 Likes

My question is: Am I the only one totally mystified by The Lounge? I donā€™t even know how to post except via ā€œreplyā€. Duh. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

My comment on bird stories seemed to disappear, so here they are:
Story 1: Outside my motherā€™s window a vine grows on which there are several nests. One year the birds hatched a few days before the next nest over. When it was time to fledge, the older ones were given flying lessons. All went well, except for one who was very reluctant to step off the nest. He did a little grapevine two-step down the vine, and with a little rump wiggle nestled in with the younger birds in the nest next door.
Story 2: On a sailing trip to some of the remote San Juan Islands, I scanned the trees on one of the uninhabited islands and saw a long & wide & pink ribbon draped on the very top of the a pine tree. Wondering how the wind could have carried such a ribbon to a treetop, I looked closer and saw an eagle poised atop the ribbon. To my amazement it was a salmon ā€“ a beautiful pink salmon who took an unexpected trip to the top.
Thank you, Ann and Kay, for giving me such a sweet welcome each morning!

5 Likes

When the shade Barbara came out, I googled Barbara pinkā€¦and Iā€™m guessing the Barbara in question isā€¦Barbara Cartland, romance authorā€¦seemed to like pinkā€¦google her :slight_smile:

2 Likes

commenting, for the data point that my comment didnā€™t work in the comments. But since I was just adding the name ā€œEthelā€ to a list of unlikely names for pre-schoolers, the lack of context would otherwise leave me at ā€œnevermind.ā€

Hereā€™s to comments!

2 Likes

Those colors are just so lovely. Stay cool and calm in Nashville, Ann. I am so happy to have found knitting and MDK and to have joined the collective soul of this (mostly) womenā€™s work. It is great.

3 Likes

I stop by only occasionally, but will try to develop this habit as a break from work.

2 Likes

Do we get a new comment lounge every day? Still not working this morning - I do miss the conversation, as do you, Iā€™m sure.

Phew. I was pretty relieved to find out that it was simply Ann, Kay, and the crew finding a way to keep us all happy and connected. I believe I may have been overthinking. In my defense, I was in the middle of proof reading a 14 page grant to the EPA with a lot of acronyms. Anyone would start overthinking!

2 Likes

Youā€™re not the only one :crazy_face:!

1 Like

@Susa and @ginny Using the lounge is not as hard as it seems to be. There are actually two reply functions. There is ā€œreply to the whole topicā€ and then there is ā€œreply to a reply on the whole topic.ā€
To do the first one ā€œreply to the whole topicā€ you scroll down until you see an orange reply box in the lower left hand corner of your screen. Click that and type what you want to say in the box and then hit reply again. Thatā€™s what I did for this reply.

Now say you want to reply specifically to this, you have a second reply option. Once this reply is in the thread you will see a reply button that is grey type with no box around it at the bottom right hand side of my reply. Click that, type your reply to my reply and hit reply. I could then reply to your reply. So you could hit the reply to this and say ā€œHey Karen, you should be president.ā€ But donā€™t do that because then I would have to write a really long winded reply about how Iā€™ve had way too much fun in my life to ever run for president. There are are witnesses and pictures. OR you could do a totally new reply and say ā€œHey everyone. Should we be checking on Karenā€™s mental health. She seems a bit wacky.ā€ by scrolling down to the orange button on the bottom left.

So thatā€™s how to post. Either reply to the whole topic (remember ā€œOrange you glad this topic is hereā€=orange reply button or reply to a reply (remember what a grey-te reply to this topic).

Hope this helps. Thereā€™s more you can do here but get the replies straight first and then weā€™ll work on the rest of it.

Happy knitting (and replying)!

5 Likes

Yeah, what she saidšŸ™ƒ

1 Like

Thanks so much! Such an easy thing once itā€™s explained, but somehow not obvious to me without help. I think itā€™s the confusion of using two buttons both marked ā€œreplyā€ for two different things. It would be helpful if the orange button said ā€œPostā€ or something. Anyway: thanks very much!

3 Likes

Hey Karen, you should be president. SRSLY you should be president.

4 Likes