Corrugated Shawl

The sequence pattern in sec. 10 says “k5, p2, p1”. Really?

1 Like

Thanks for noticing this!

Section 10 should be k5, p2, k1.

I totally knit my Corrugated Wrap using k5, p2, p1 as it appears in the Field Guide without even a blink–so zoned out at that point! Row 10, if knit in this way, results in the same sequence as Section 7. Which is a lovely sequence, don’t get me wrong, but ideally each section should have its own distinctive pattern.

Many thanks for writing!

3 Likes

Silly question - on the wrong side of the project for the sequence section 1 is k2 p2 I am assuming the wrong side rows will be the opposite Purl the Purl stitches and knit the knit stitches - is that correct?

Actually, that is a great question.
The stitch count is a multiple of 4 + 2 stitches. The repeat is knit 2, purl 2, ending with a knit 2.
Turn the work and start over with the knit 2, purl 2 sequence.
It’s going to result in columns of knit and purl garter stitch.

1 Like

I have done 3 rows - k2 p2 each row - is this what it should look like? Thanks

nellknits
December 9 |

The stitch count is a multiple of 4 + 2 stitches. The repeat is knit 2, purl 2, ending with a knit 2.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Vcolby
December 9 |

Silly question - on the wrong side of the project for the sequence section 1 is k2 p2 I am assuming the wrong side rows will be the opposite Purl the Purl stitches and knit the knit stitches - is that correct?

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

57 PM
This is from the shawl that I made, the light stitches might be easier to see. Although they are rather tiny.

1 Like

On the reverse if you end with K2 should row 2 begin with p2 then the k2 p2?

nellknits
December 9 |

In Reply To

Vcolby
December 9 |

Yes. That’s correct.

Thanks for your help!

nellknits
December 9 |

Yes. That’s correct.

In Reply To

Vcolby
December 9 |

On the reverse if you end with K2 should row 2 begin with p2 then the k2 p2? nellknits December 9 | Actually, that is a great question. The stitch count is a multiple of 4 + 2 stitches. The repeat is knit 2, purl 2, ending with a knit 2. Turn the work and start over with the knit 2, purl 2…

1 Like

After seeing Ann’s amazing sequences/log cabin blanket, I decided to dive in and knit the Corrugated Shawl. I’ve finished the first two sections and noticed that even though they are the same number of rows, Section Two is at least an inch longer. Is that correct? I’m using Tosh Pashmina btw. Thanks in advance!

The lengths can be different depending on how the stitches stack. Garter stitch requires more rows per inch than stockinette does.
Knit on, it will be beautiful.

Thanks!! I knew there could be a difference in row gauge but i’d Never seen it illustrated so dramatically. It’s a fabulous pattern and I can definitely see myself getting hooked on sequence knitting.

2 Likes

Just purchased SEQUENCES and just cast on the Corrugated Shawl. What does Row Repeat mean? Some are 2 and some are 4? The patterns says to work each section for 36 rows, followed by 12 rows of st st or rev st.

Hi Libby,
The difference is whether the pattern repeat is worked to the end of the row, then restarted at the beginning of the next round
or
In a Serpentine - worked to the end of the row, then continued from the point in the repeat to the next row.

I do hope that this is helpful. Nell

1 Like

Ok, I understand the difference between serpentine and repeating the same row. I just was confused about the 2 row repeat and the 4 row repeat?

Yes. It takes 4 rows to complete the Serpentine, and the 2 row is just back and forth. I suppose that the direction is reenforcing that all sections require an even number of rows.

2 Likes

Oh! I get it now. Thanks so much!

1 Like

I am on section 6 of the lovely Corrugated Shawl and I’m confused. This section is a Serpentine with a 4 row repeat, but I’m not getting that. I even took out my trusty grid paper and drew it out on paper, so I could more easily see how the stitches should stack up, but I didn’t get a 4 row repeat on paper either. Any thoughts?

Thanks as always!

When I knit the sample, I charted all of the stitch repeats (on paper) so that I could see what they were doing too. : )
I’m not sure what is happening for you, but I did get a 4 row repeat.
I hope that this is helpful. Nell

2 Likes

So Helpful! I see right away where I’ve gone astray. Who’da thunk it would be so hard to count to 4…

Many thanks! I am loving this pattern!

Wendy

2 Likes