Dimensions of Blanket of Joy

I was wondering what the dimensions of the Blanket of Joy are.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Carol Ann

1 Like

Hi Carol Ann!
I love this blanket and know I sighed when I saw it posted! :heart:
The finished measurements are 45” x 62” (111cm x 157cm)
Please post progress shots if you dive in!

2 Likes

Is anyone making the Blanket of Joy? I am really loving working with the Atlas yarn.It is so soft and the stitches look so nice and even. I thought I would get tired of so much stockinette but the pattern changes and color changes are keeping it interesting.

11 Likes

I just cast my blanket on, so yes! Someone else is making it!

5 Likes

Yay! I’m glad to have the company! I am just past the halfway point on mine. I’m going to use my leftovers to make the scrap tote from field guide 20. Here is a not very good photo of my progress.

9 Likes

Gosh, that looks very nice! Congratulations on getting so far! I’ve chosen a completely different color scheme for mine, which should be interesting!

2 Likes

Cool! Be sure to post progress pictures, I love seeing all the progress and different color combos etc… that is what inspires me the most.

1 Like

I have chosen to follow Roy G Biv as my color scheme. Here’s my progress so far! I am really looking forward to the next section, which will be orange and yellow.

6 Likes

Very nice! I have made some more progress on mine. I will try to get a picture when I have some good lighting. I just finished the repeat of the darkest blue color . Our weather has been over 100 degrees the last 2 weeks , which has really made it hard to work on even in the air conditioning! I will be so cozy next winter!

4 Likes

I don’t know if anyone is still interested — I am slow — but here is the progress on my blanket! I am loving the bands of color that came out!

7 Likes

It’s funny that you posted today, I just started working on mine again yesterday! It has been way too hot for me to work on it even with air conditioning. Things are a little cooler and I’m able to work on it . Not a good picture , but you can see how it’s growing! I like your choice of how you are arranging the colors! I think with Atlas yarn there is no wrong color combinations .

4 Likes

Wow! Yours is really coming along! It looks great!

1 Like

It’s finally done! My daughter is going to love it!

6 Likes

I’m finally done too! It covers the top of my double bed.

5 Likes

That is certainly a blanket of Joy. : )

2 Likes

This summer I made Blanket of Joy using Rowan’s Handknit Cotton. I chose 18 colors from the wide selection and arranged somewhat following the original design using Atlas. I used size 5 circular so it wouldn’t be sloppy. I changed the pattern slightly to get final size of 42" x 60". Great summer blanket for cool nights.

6 Likes