Team Blanket(s): Tree of Life Synagogue

I’d like to set up some teams to knit blankets for Tree of Life synagogue. I live outside Pittsburgh in the small town of Ligonier. Both my sons live in Pittsburgh and regularly pass the synagogue as one son lives in Shadyside and one lives in Oakland. I know the pattern, I have knit the squares before. I’m not 100% sure I have the skills to be a team leader but Lord do I want to help the Pittsburgh community. Would anyone want to be a co-leader or offer any other suggestions? Thank you-

4 Likes

There is a yarn shop outside of Pittsburgh who is organizing a blanket project for Tree of Life. They are in Ravelry under Yarns By Design. The pattern for the squares is a Tree of Life motif by Nicky Epstein.

5 Likes

I’m happy to co lead with you

3 Likes

Lion Brand has a free PDF download of Nicki’s Tree of Life Afghan that has the pattern and the Ravelry group for Yarn by Design has more details. Hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m going to check this out right now to see if the better option is to join their group or start a new group here.

1 Like

Let us know.

I did get the info for the knit along that was mentioned and I started a square using the tree pattern. I think for me it’s easier to hitch on to their KAL as I’m traveling for the next 2 weeks.

1 Like

Gottcha. Thanks!

Check out Pittsburgh newsletter at www.theincline.com They have a story today about the Yarns by Design project. 1000 squares collected so far from around the world! Assembly of blankets in January by lots of volunteers.

4 Likes