Dish Towels in Linen

I have been making the Ball Band Dishcloths for a few months of being home.
Using the Rowen cotton. Somewhere I read about a knitter making them with linen - they dry quicker and are stronger. Does anyone know where to find this link?
I want to make more and am thinking of trying another kind of yarn.
Thanks

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to read about someoneā€™s opinion of BB dishcloths in linen too! I was curious, and really wanted to knit with Euroflax sport linen again, soā€¦

I started one;)
Iā€™m going to knit it longer because, after 68 rows, itā€™s not quite square-ish yet. After I wash & dry it, Iā€™ll report back but itā€™s got an abrasive texture so Iā€™m thinking it will make a great face/body exfoliator!

2 Likes

Hey - thanks for responding. That looks great!
I need to get some Euroflax - I have been very distracted lately, but really think the linen would be nice.
In the meantime I bought more of the Rowen cotton to keep my hands busy.
There is also a cool ā€˜leafā€™ washcloth with a loop that is made with that Euroflax that seems doable for me.
It is in the Field guide #11.
Take care - Mary Jo

4 Likes

My experiment knitting a Ballband Dishcloth in Euroflax sport linen is completešŸ‘

Gotta love the drape of machine washed and dried linenšŸ˜

4 Likes

Thanks for the pics. That does it !! Iā€™m ordering that yarn today. Totally right about the drape of linen. I have been making the mini ball band dishcloths casting on 33 I like the size.
Appreciate your sharing.
peace
Mary Jo

2 Likes

Yes! Order the Euroflax! I initially cast on for the mini ā€œtraveling salesman sampleā€ size but it looked so tiny in this sport wt. So I continued casting on for the ā€œregulationā€ size and thought that was not substantial enough either. So I cast on another 6 for another pattern repeat sizešŸ˜§and I think itā€™s too big;) lol

1 Like

Just getting back to this project. What size needles were you using?
I have a new stash of the Euroflax - I also want to try those cool Bodi leaves using the Euroflax.
Thanks

1 Like

Well, all my knitting is packed & shipped except a few things in my checked bags, but Iā€™m pretty certain I knit Euro flax on size #6 needles;)
You have fun, enjoy!

1 Like