First Sweater: Destination Pullover?

Me too;) Always put my sleeve stitches on a cable to hold. A long cable as I magic loop the sleeves. Just add needles and go

2 Likes

Hi Jan. Well, here I am in my Destination Pullover. Learned A LOT! Was able to fix some mistakes and kept some - like the row of purls just above the dark green color band, one sleeve wider at the cuff than the other, etc. Enjoyed this very much and will be wearing it and blending into shrubs. How is the Flax sweater?

6 Likes

Looks great! Isn’t it satisfying. Congrats!

1 Like

This looks fabulous on you, great job! And perfect camouflage :blush:

2 Likes

Good morning MJ:

Thanks for posting the image of your beautifully finished Destination Pullover. The colors you chose are wonderful and look lovely against the backdrop of your garden.

My Flax Sweater is still in progress. Its fishing season here in Montana and the river is calling, but knitting continues. My sweater grows a little each day and I’m (so far) pleased, and to my amazement, my Flax looks like it will fit…first sleeve done, second to finish, then blocking.

My apologies for not responding sooner. Just back from a way out in the boonies fishing adventure. Your sweater really is beautiful. Congratulations on finishing. I realize what a big deal a first sweater is for a novice knitter and will send a photo of my Flax Sweater when I finally finish it.

My very best to you…Jan

2 Likes

Aw, thanks Jan. Sounds like you live a life full of adventure in Montana. Wonderful. I will be looking for that Flax Sweater :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful sweater, and its knitter!

1 Like

I’m coming late to this conversation but am hoping someone out there will be able to help me.

I have picked up stitches for the sleeves of the Destination sweater (3 for every 4 rows) and have ended up with 48 stitches instead of 42.

How do you calculate to end up with the required number?

Thank you for any suggestions :pray:

1 Like

I don’t know why I haven’t seen this question until now, and hopefully, you’ve been able to continue - but I do want to respond in case it will be helpful to any other knitter.
Here’s how I would figure this out:
To reduce 6 stitches evenly across the 48 stitches I would divide 48/6 which is 8, so working a decrease every 8 stitches will result in 6 fewer stitches, ie knit 6, k2tog six times.
To balance that I would begin
Knit 3, k2tog, then work the knit 6, k2tog to the last 3 stitches, ending knit 3.
A very handy tool is this link, which I refer to frequently when writing patterns.

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Nell. As you can see I did carry on.
I divided the armhole ito four sections and picked up 10 or 11 stitches in each section and that seemed to work!

5 Likes

Oh, I just love this! Greys forever!

1 Like

Actually they are blues. I don’t know why they photograph as grey.

2 Likes

Lol, my other favorite colors. :blush:

2 Likes