I made it with Atlas!

Jan it’s so much fun!! It’s my Rhinebeck sweater so I’ll be posting more about it in that thread.

Hope all is well!!

Karen

Thanks, I’m really enjoying working on it now that the weather has cooled off some. It’s keeping me warm at the same time!

I can finally show my shawl from the new FG. Really great easy pattern. I think it would look great in more colors as well.

Atlas is super squishy!!!

12 Likes

I love this in Atlas!

1 Like

Thank you, Nell!

1 Like

I’m a bit slow getting on the Atlas bandwagon, but before I do, can anyone tell me if it is soft and non-itchy? I can wear merino, but usually only make accessories. I’m in love with Joji’s Grace Notes pattern in. FG 22, but a little unsure about the Atlas plunge. Also, I’m assuming I would need the same dye lot, correct? Thanks a bunch. Best to y’all! :hugs:

1 Like

Oh, itch is so hard to answer. It is soft, but for me, not merino soft. @kjt1211 is knitting a sweater in it, so she may have views. On dye lot, I would say yes, even though it is commercially dyed, I think that is safest.

1 Like

It is soft and non-itchy. We had surprise snow in May, and I practically lived in my Old Friend Pullover without any skin problems, which I do have with some wools. But Atlas made for a warm, snuggly, comfortable sweater.

1 Like

Thanks much.

So the sweater was soft and not a problem. I’ve read online that it’s actually softer than merino. Oh, what are the care instructions? Thanks much.

1 Like

Hand wash, cold water, gently squeeze excess, lay flat to dry/block.

2 Likes

Thanks much.

It’s lovely. In the skein, it is very soft with a tiny, tiny bit of what I can only call infrastructure. It’s not scratchy at all but I think the crimp of the Rambouillet has something to do with that. Honestly, you probably wouldn’t even notice it if I hadn’t mentioned it. It’s a soft yarn but not a sloppy yarn. Once it’s knit, it is straight up squeezy softness. And it gets even better when you wash it. It’s not soft like cashmere, it’s soft like your favorite pink blanket from your Grandma’s house. I’m a fan.

3 Likes

How much yarn did you need for this? I’m considering some stash that I have, and want to make sure I have enough.

1 Like

Just shy of 1500 yards. Details by color are on my ravelry page here https://www.ravelry.com/projects/sabograd/shawl

Because of the stripes and texture I think there are a lot of ways you could mix in new colors (and certainly you could use more than 4). It was a really fun knit.

2 Likes

You are so tempting me! I have nothing like this in my stash … Rut-ro!

1 Like

Thank you! Hmm, I think I’m gonna need more yarn…

Beautiful color choices, by the way!

1 Like

Thank you.

Karen, “infrastructure” is a great descriptor for it. And sort of what I meant.

Hi sabograd! Love love love your shawl! I’m somewhat new to knitting, so I was wondering about a couple of things you did to achieve that beautiful shawl: Did you use the same size knitting needle? How many skeins of Atlas did you use for each color? Thank you in advance for your help! I really want to try this as my first project…

1 Like