Keira Knightley's Cardigan in The Imitation Game

Can we talk about this sweater? I just saw The Imitation Game for the first time and Keira Knightley wears a gorgeous fitted fair isle cardigan in many scenes. Has anyone else noticed? Can we get the pattern? Do you think she made it herself?!

6 Likes

Oh, yessssss. Not only did I lose it completely for that cardigan, I cooked up a cowl using the stitch pattern. You can read about it at my post, “An Imitation Game Cowl.”

I haven’t seen a full pattern for the cardigan, but I honestly was all about the Fair Isle, so that’s why I went with a cowl.

3 Likes

Thanks Ann. Your cowl is gorgeous and a good Fair Isle re-entry for me. It’s been a looong time for me and Fair Isle.

2 Likes

I was so distracted by her sweater when I watched that film! Luckily my family is very used to my blurting out comments on knitwear at inappropriate moments when I’m watching TV.

7 Likes

CRAZY about this sweater. And has Keira ever looked more fetching? I think not.

3 Likes

Ann, I remembered that you had posted about the cardigan, but I’d forgotten that you put the motif on a cowl! So nice to see it again, with all the heart-eyes emojis.

2 Likes

The tragic part is that I’ve run out of one of the greens! Ugh! Must
regroup on finishing it.

2 Likes

That IS tragic! I’d love to see it finished!

2 Likes

Me too! (the blurting part) Also “can you pause so I can take a picture of that character’s outfit”?

1 Like