Knit to This: Groundhog Day, Wed. Feb. 2, 7 pm EST

We cordially invite you to watch my favorite movie, Groundhog Day, on Groundhog Day!

We’re going to all tune in at 7 pm EST on Wednesday, Feb. 2. And if you feel like leaving a comment, just drop it into this topic. What you’re knitting, what you think about the movie—whatever you like!

There are many ways to stream it, though Netflix is not one of them. See your options here.

If we can’t all be in a movie theater together, we can at least hang out virtually!

Cheers,
Ann

8 Likes

I am so in! Thanks Ann. These are the kind of things that keep me from going insane while I’m stuck at home.

4 Likes

We have it on DVD so I could attempt to remember to join in. Otherwise, I’d have to watch on my phone since we don’t have real internet here or reliable cable providers.

Susan K Schutz

1 Like

Am already scheming up my snack/bev situation. This is going to be supper for me!

3 Likes

Hi Susan! I like the sturdiness of a DVD, honestly. You know where you stand with a DVD. A DVD isn’t ever going to flake out on you. See you on Groundhog Day!

2 Likes

Do you know how to set up your phone to make it a hotspot for your computer. I learned how to do it last week when I was at war with my cable company. It’s really easy and I can try to walk you through it.

2 Likes

Popcorn! Real popcorn! On the stove with the good butter. And Chardonnay.

4 Likes

And by the way, I’m throwing myself a Lunar New Year party tomorrow night. There will be dumplings and I will over tip the delivery guy.

4 Likes

I love this movie and this day - I’m in!

5 Likes

Yup. That’s the only way I’ve had the internet now since somewhere around 2008. We used to get the separate mifi hotspots then when phones got smart we just started using our phones instead.

It’s how a whole bunch of us on our road get our internet and streaming services. My neighbors just to the north of me (next door) have 4 phones and one hotspot. I can imagine their bill, but, if it’s the only way and when you’re an engineer for the Corvette program working from home - it’s what you gotta do. Some days, though, I think he’s grabbing the waves out of the air before I get any since they’re between me and the tower.

I call myself the nerdy geek so, all is good. Thank you for asking.

Susan K Schutz

2 Likes

I’m in for sure! It is my 2nd favorite Bill Murray movie after Meatballs. I’ll be knitting on a blanket I’m making just for me. I need some serious self care time.

3 Likes

I’m in! What a fun idea :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve got it on DVD, I watch it every year! And it still makes me laugh. “Check your mirrors. Don’t drive angry!”
So I’ll definitely be joining.

2 Likes

I’m getting my popcorn and daytripper ready. Although I live a few blocks from nyc’s groundhog (Staten Island chuck!!) and I’m wearing my groundhog t-shirt, I’ve never seen the movie, so yay!

3 Likes

I see that Encore Starz is showing it at 7pm (as well as having it available to stream on Starz) so I am teeing up my knitting!

1 Like

Movie ready to roll! I love to watch Groundhog Day every year on Feb 2!

2 Likes

Getting my earworm ready for tonight.

I can’t believe this is from the year I was born. It’s so nice to see Cher’s first face.

2 Likes

Hey everybody! So glad you’re here!

I’ve got Kermit here with me–he’s never seen Groundhog Day and he’s probably going to fall asleep in the middle like he always does. He bores easily, you know?

I’ve got smoked salmon on crackers and am going to start right at 7 pm eastern.

2 Likes

I just really love Cher. She suffered from horrible stage fright, and it was only because Sonny would get out there with her that she could bear to perform. Aw!

1 Like

I couldn’t find the one that came before the movie so I’m settling for the one from intermission.

Happy Groundhog Day Everyone!

2 Likes