Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

Gorgeous colors! I am just getting Spectra started, I have been itching to get started. Your sweater is a nice extra inspiration.

2 Likes

I’m late to the party but I’ve been loving everything in this Field Guide. I’m starting with the Spectra sweater. I love seeing the versions here in the KAL.

1 Like

Really beautiful, great job!

2 Likes

{{HUGS}}

That’s so frustrating

Started!

9 Likes

That’s so pretty!

1 Like

Oh, that’s a great idea!! I knit 4 pairs of these mitts when the field guide came out and would happily go back for more.

3 Likes

I’ve been even more absent minded than usual and it really shows in my marled hat making! I ran out of yarn on my first attempt, knit random stripes and did a different decrease row on the next two.

I have my yarn picked out for a Spectra sweater but I’m going to wait until I’m feeling really sharp to start it!

10 Likes

Almost ready to start “shoulders” and neck on my swarf… swenney … swickie. Feeling like a fan girl, all things MDK-considered.

17 Likes

Hat is great… and I love the edging on your sweater. Great pattern.

Wow, really beautiful.

Since your cakes were wound in opposite directions, you will get the desired maximum contrast if you work your balls both from the inside, or else both from the outside. If they had been wound so they looked pretty identical, you would do what the book said. Have fun watching your colors unfold!

1 Like

First strip done (this pic is partially done - but it looked so pretty in the sunlight I just had to share)! I’m using 14 colors, similar to the original, but without the darker tones, and making each strip 22 blocks long instead of 18. It’s a very engaging knit, but I’m still worried about finishing. It’ll be the largest item I’ve ever knit!

16 Likes

Oh, I love the shades that you used.

1 Like

Thanks! I finally picked up some more yarn yesterday and am back to work on it! It feels good to be picking it up again.

1 Like

It’s the largest thing I’ve ever knit too- my first blanket’ I’ve never knit one before because I’m always worried about getting bored halfway through. I’m pretty confident about finishing this one though, I’m just about halfway through the third panel. It’s the 3 needle bind off and putting it all together I’m most worried about.

Your blanket is looking great. We got this! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the virtual moral support! It’s great to hear from another knitter for whom the project is daunting. :blush: I’m in denial about the joining - not thinking about it much - but when I do, I wonder if I could crochet the strips together instead.

1 Like

You absolutely can crochet the strips together. It will look a little different but if you like it, who cares!!

1 Like

Your colors are so pretty!

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! This project is my first in-pieces afghan—and I plan to lay claim to our kitchen table for the seaming. We’ll eat at the counter :wink:

3 Likes