Praise for FG 19

I received an email from Ann & Kay announcing the shipment of Field Guide 19 and I just could not wait. I had to download it and I’m so excited – can anyone out there relate???

7 Likes

Yes! I ordered yarn immediately and happened to have some stash yarn that is a perfect match for one of the projects. Everything is so beautiful and I cannot wait to get started! I’m glad I’m not the only one :slight_smile: :grin:

4 Likes

Yes. I downloaded it too. I was going to wait for the paper copy, but the anticipation was too much for me, especially as I do love Cecilia and the idea of marls. It’s a great Field Guide.
The Color Explosion Throw is gorgeous and I happen to have a healthy sized stash of Felted Tweed, so only had to order a few balls and I’ll be set for many happy hours of marled knitting.

5 Likes

I adored making and assembling that! Happy knitting indeed.

5 Likes

I’ve stockpiled quite a bit of Felted Tweed myself and that throw is just perfect for a chair I had recovered in denim. The chair needs some color. I am headed upstairs now to get the Marls book. I tend to order books but not read them. . . Because I am too busy knitting.
Thanks Nell for the beautiful sample! How do you keep it a secret for so long?!

8 Likes

I ordered the kit for the throw as a Christmas gift to myself. I cannot get over how beautiful that sample is!

3 Likes

that may be the hardest part of the job :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

And now I’ve ordered more yarn for the sweater…many happy days of knitting ahead!

3 Likes

I downloaded it too and ordered some of the yarn for the hat and cowl projects. I can’t wait to start!!

2 Likes

Ordered yarn to make the hats. Should be here today!

3 Likes

I am having trouble choosing just 11 colors. I see the original and see a lot of dark colors. I’m about to do come micro swatches to see if I need dark colors, too.

2 Likes

I just made a bunch of micro swatches for the Spectra Sweater, and it is too much fun! I’m not sure when I’ll have time to make it with all the other projects I have going, but at least I have some pretty swatches to look at in the meantime.

10 Likes

Mini swatches and the start of a baby blanket.

13 Likes

It is even prettier in person.

2 Likes

Lots of marling practice this weekend!

7 Likes

I missed you Saturday. I was hoping you would be there.

3 Likes

Here are the four swatched strips for my color explosion throw. I may swap out one of the greens for a peach color, but I have time to think about it. Still need to finish the throw for my daughter.

11 Likes

Wow Jan! Have much Rowan Felted Tweed😆 I love the greens, I wouldn’t swap them all out for peaches. Just throw in some peach! Have you seen @cristinabshiffman posted on IG this morning? Marled swatches pillow😍 Beautiful, brilliant!!

2 Likes

My table mate marled the light teal with peach and it was gorgeous!!!

I hope your daughter loves the gift. Was great to see you live!

2 Likes

The blanket is gorgeous. The pattern states it needs 22 skeins, but the bundle in the MDK shop is 25 skeins. Is there a reason it is different? Is that for the 3 needle bind off? Thanks.

1 Like