Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

Can someone please explain to me why the back pieces of the Spectra include “work 25 rows even” in the directions but the front pieces don’t? My math is showing that the backs will be much wider than the fronts because of this. What am I missing?

2 Likes

You should end up with the same number of rows for the fronts and the backs. I think the place where you are getting tripped up is that the front pieces start with increases every right side row, instead of having any “work even” rows. Look at the section that says Shape Neck. I found it helpful to make a spreadsheet with all the shaping and marls for each row. Otherwise I’m sure I would have messed up the stitch count! I’m happy to share if that would be helpful (I made size 2).

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’d love to see the spreadsheet, that’s very kind. I’m making size 2 also. Should you email it to me?
bethjosephs12@gmail.com

1 Like

Yay, one more strip! My intention with this project was for social/tv knitting while a colorwork cowl was for my quiet knitting. Reality check: the marled throw is so fun and engaging to see the next color combination that my cowl project has taken a back seat. I’ll be cuddling up in my throw way sooner than I thought. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:(upload://rDGGuS8B3Ss1Z0a1rNFVl8CcHux.jpeg)

5 Likes

Finally got some photos of my finished Spectra!

33 Likes

Gorgeous. Great job.

2 Likes

Beautiful color choices!

3 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

Looks awesome!

2 Likes

Ha! Actually I was thinking make another blanket! Which means that I will have even more leftover yarn when I am done!!!

2 Likes

I was struggling knitting the bias scarf with my Freia so I got out a skein of Plymouth Encore Colorspun that I had recently unraveled because I didn’t like it and had no intention of going beyond the half or 3/4 inch I had started. I got out some 8 needles and cast on 40 stitches. It will probably end up in my charity bag but the bigger needles and worsted (Med./4) yarn has helped me get more comfortable with the pattern. The 2 tone mock-marl yarn was a coincidence …

7 Likes

Finished my Color Explosion Throw and gifted it to one of my nieces. Very pleased with the outcome!

31 Likes

Beautiful job. What a great gift.

That is just gorgeous!! What a lovely keepsake :gift_heart:

1 Like

It’s beautiful and your niece is fortunate! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s amazing! I’m sure she will treasure it for many years to come

2 Likes

Finished but not yet blocked. I just love it.

23 Likes

Your colors are so good!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! What a lucky niece!

1 Like

Wow… the way you lined up your colors is stunning.

1 Like