Marlalong! We're knitting Field Guide No. 19: Marls

Great idea!

3 Likes

Oh I love the teal so much! It changes the entire sweater!!

2 Likes

Love these colors. This will be gorgeous.

1 Like

I wrote mine out too. Super helpful.

1 Like

I’m plugging away at the Marlogram cowl, in Chinook and Point Reyes— just hit the shift into teal!

My original plan was to make a second Marlogram, since I had a third skein of Freia lace purchased from Freia Fibers earlier, though I’m still torn on what color to pair it with.

But although it won’t count for this KAL, I have an almost-finished Picket Fence afghan from the KAL in spring 2020, which is actually marled fingering to make an ombre. I set it aside last year after its intended recipient died of covid, but I’m in a frame of mind now to appreciate it for what it is, not what it was intended to be.

And then I’m allowed to do the Color Explosion Throw!

24 Likes

Woohoo the KAL! I was inspired by Ann’s post about using Mohonk Light for a Color Explosion Throw - I had a bunch on hand, leftover from sweater and shawl projects, and I was perfectly happy to buy a few more colors. :slight_smile:

I’m finding it ridiculously fun to knit. I’m super excited to see others’ throws.

24 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous! What a way to kick off this KAL!! I love your helpers in your next post too.

3 Likes

That is an excellent idea, thank you! I always make a color card, but never ever thought of adding the color sequence table to it. Brilliant!!

3 Likes

Beautiful. I have just started the marlogram cowl.
couldn’t resist even though I am still finishing the swoncho. Never enough projects.

4 Likes

Here is my marl hat - softest hat around!

And here is my scarf - one strip f the blanket - being blocked

29 Likes

I started this Marlagram the week following Cecelia’s classes. I used my own yarn, Fifty Shades of Gradient by the Fiber Studio. They aren’t quite as long as suggested, but the colors are lovely I think.!

17 Likes

Here are the yarns I used = pulled from the inside.

8 Likes

I’m going to jump in with a Color Explosion as soon as my yarn arrives. Kay’s description of pulling balls blind from a bag hooked me, so I made the 40-mile drive to the closest yarn shop and picked up the Marls Field Guide. Now, the color card with labeled yarns approach is tempting, too!

10 Likes

AE36070D-CB22-4971-83A4-CC7227038F77_small2
I got an early start on Spectra and worked it in Tynd instead of Tvinni, which limited me to 4 colors instead of 5. Am very happy with how it turned out!

31 Likes

I’ve started the marlogram cowl in Freia’s ombré woodsman and nautilus colorways. Such an addictive project. Thanks to snippets & the genius tip of counting to 10 to remember the pattern…I’m moving right along

Im knitting from the center of one skein and the outside of the other. Can’t wait to see how this all turns out

17 Likes

Thank you. I’d love to see your cowl as it comes along.

1 Like

Love that idea!

1 Like

Dear Megan,
Wow, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. This Covid thing is real.
I am so glad you have been able to reframe the Picket Fence – I think you will remember your friend each tie you look at the blanket.

5 Likes

I bet it is soooooooo soft!!!

1 Like

This is so addictive! It’s so fun to see how the colors shift and play together.

14 Likes