MDK Knitting Getaway 2019

True, but I won’t want to take the bag space for a chunky knit! Shawls and tops absolutely. Im testing a cowl for @nellknits right now. If I don’t give it away I might bring that.

3 Likes

I tried to “bang out” a shakerag top after finishing my main squeeze. I didn’t get it done in February but I will be wearing it in June. :grin:

5 Likes

I take that as a challenge! I’m going to finish a gift knit over the next two weeks, and follow it up with my Shakerag top. I’m pretty excited about that Sylph I ordered last Friday! I flip flopped so many times on my color choice that it’ll practically be a surprise when it arrives this week.

5 Likes

I ordered some Sylph this weekend. Sounds like we’ll have a Shakerag mini knit along this spring or a fashion show in June.

5 Likes

I’m mid-way through a Shakerag top that I started last fall … I need to keep plugging away so I can wear it! I’m using some Shibui linen I already had in my stash, but I really love Sylph and of course, I want that now too. (This will be my first Shakerag weekend experience, so you’ll have to tell me all about it!)

6 Likes

You will love it. The Monteagle area is wonderful and is hallow ground I firmly feel. I met so many wonderful women last year, they inspired me and each other. Will have snacks and wine and wonderment. Welcome to the land of Shakeragettes.

6 Likes

Done!

10 Likes

Congratulations! Great job.

2 Likes

Hey, Shakeragettes! What do you think about a virtual reunion in April on Zoom? You’ll have to bring your own wine and bake your own lemon poppyseed cookies, but we can visit and show off our knitting. When would be good for you? :star_struck:

6 Likes

Sounds great, let’s invite the 2020s too.
I’m still working on my “camp uniform” Alabama Chanin skirt and a Shakerag top.

4 Likes

Sounds great!

1 Like

How about right now?! Just kidding, I need time to bake. I would love to Zoom meeting with everyone!

5 Likes

Sounds good to me!

2 Likes

Yvonne is going to earburn some folks on Ravelry. I should probably post it on Instagram. Maybe Friday?

3 Likes

Weekdays may be tough for me but I’ll try. I did at least download Zoom to start.

3 Likes

At this point, I’m having trouble telling days apart. :upside_down_face: Would Saturday or Sunday be better? We can’t do this without you!! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was part of my first zoomazoom yesterday! It was a virtual happy hour, and it was hilarious! I was the oldest (it was a staff party.)
I’ll hope for Saturday or Sunday.
Air hugs, everyone!

3 Likes

You are too sweet. Saturday afternoon/evening works for me as my husband will be working so I’d be happy to have the company!

I did a virtual happy hour with my team last week too. I was also the oldest (by far).

1 Like

Saturday it is! What’s a good time for everyone allowing that we’re all in different time zones?

2 Likes